Chapter 4

The next morning, which would usually be normal if you were a normal person. But for the adventure kids, they knew that everyday for them was their typical out of the ordinary morning routine with an adventure that always awaited for them. 

"Morning" Kali yawned, greeting her friends as she came downstairs for some breakfast. 

Just then, the kids seemed to hear something coming from outside their door. 

"Are those Xmas carolers?" Teeders asked. 

Kali was about to go and have a look before Cynthia suddenly rushed in, stopping her. 

"NO!!!" Cynthia cried, blocking the door. She looked out through the peep hole then locked the door and closed the curtains, looking around ever so cautiously. 

She even had a hold of a rolling pin for her defense. 

"Hey! Cindy, what's the big deal?!" David asked why their fashionista friend was acting so jumpy. 

"Never answer the door for Christmas carolers" Cynthia advised, sounding creeped out at just the mention of Xmas carolers. "They're everywhere... Always watching...." 

The rest of the gang sighed, rolling their eyes thinking their crazy fashionista friend was a bit overacting. 

"Well, at least they're not as bad like the elves a few years ago when they went on strike" Kali admitted, remembering a crisis she had to help deal with at the North Pole with Santa's elves. 

"I wonder how Buddy's doing?" Ann then asked. 

Having that question been brought up now, the rest of the adventure kids did also wonder how Buddy was doing since he was staying with his dad's family currently. 

The gang soon headed out for a walk through the park, until they soon spotted Buddy not far from them with his brother Michael who the Harpercop siblings knew from school. 

Michael didn't seem to like Buddy at all, especially when the weird elf kept asking him all these questions until Michael blurted out at him to go away. 

Just then, the gang saw some kid throw a snowball at Buddy, hitting him directly in the face. 

"Ow! Son of a nutcracker!" Buddy said as that really hurt. 

Suddenly, a bunch more snowballs started being thrown at Buddy and the gang as if they were being attacked. 

"RUN!" David cried, and the gang began running. 

"Incoming!" Brock warned as snowballs were being thrown directly at them. 

The gang found a place to hide behind a rock, while Buddy and Michael hid behind another rock just a few feet away from them. 

Michael told the others that these guys were bad news and suggested they get out of here. But Buddy insisted they could take these bullies on and told the others to start making as many snowballs as they could. 

"Oh, come on!" Cynthia whined, standing up to face the bullies. "You wouldn't hit a lady now, would you?" 

That question was answered when a snowball was thrown directly in Cynthia's face. 

"Alright!" Cynthia now suddenly looked very angry, which scared her friends as she threw down her scarf and hat. "Now this has just gotten personal!" 

Buddy soon had a whole stack of snowballs in a matter of seconds to Michael's shock and started throwing them back at those bullies. It became too much for these bully boys to handle and they ran away in retreat. 

"Wow... Nice, Buddy" The adventure kids smiled, complimenting the elf. 

"Where did you say you were from?" Michael then asked Buddy. 

Soon, the gang was having fun running around through the mall, goofing off like immature kids. Buddy wished his dad was here with them. But once that was brought up, Michael felt upset. 

He said how his dad did nothing but work. All he cares about is making money and hardly has any time to spend time with family. Than again, he was on the Naughty list, as Buddy had mentioned before. 

The gang had soon wandered back into Gimbels toy store and spotted Jovie. The kids took notice to how Buddy was staring at her. 

"You like her?" Michael asked Buddy. 

"Like who?" Buddy asked, seeming lost in space. 

"The girl you're staring at" Michael replied, referring to Jovie. 

"You know, Jovie" Brock clarified. 

"Oh, uh... Yeah" Buddy nodded. 

"Well, why don't you ask her out?" David suggested. 

"Yeah, come on Buddy" Ann and the rest of the adventure kids encouraged him. "Don't tell us you've never been out on a date before..."

"Out on a date?" Buddy questioned, having no idea what they were talking about. 

"Yeah, Mikey and I go out on dates all the time" Kali explained. "You know, you ask a girl out, take her to a restaurant to eat food" 

"Real food, not candy" Cynthia clarified. 

"And if she says yes, you're in" David added. 

"It's like a secret code girls have" Micheal mentioned. 

"Sure, we'll call it that" Teeders said, referring to herself and the rest of the girls in the group. 

Jovie soon came over and Buddy gave it a shot to asking her out. But it quickly got a little out of hand...

"I, um... I feel really warm when I am around you. And, um, my tongue swells up" Buddy kept saying things to Jovie while the adventure kids all just face-palmed in total embarrassment. 

Jovie agreed to go out with Buddy, as she was free on Thursday. Buddy was the happiest he's ever been as the gang left the store. 

"That was great, Buddy" Kali and the others smiled to him. 

"You the elf!" David told Buddy. 

Later~

The gang was walking home together through the park as it was beginning to get dark. Chatting with each other when...

"Hey, look at that!" Buddy pointed out to a perfect pine tree. 

The adventure kids soon looked to each other, all getting the same idea as they knew what Buddy was going to do...