Chapter 1

"I don't know where I am, I don't remember WHO I am, what the hell is going on?" 

I get up, letting my eyes adjust to the blinding light and the dull, white walls. I notice the room I'm in resembles a cell, it's got the bare minimum: an excuse of a bed, a toilet, a table and a barely functioning sink. I notice there's a paper on the table, I begin reading it.

 I notice there's a paper on the table, I begin reading it

"Class D Personnel? Personal designation? DEATH ROW?!" 

 I suddenly hear some heavy footsteps, it sounds like they stopped in front of my cell.

"Control, this is Agent Ulgrin. I need a request to open up Cell 3-11." 

"Copy that."

The door suddenly opens, revealing 2 masked and heavily armored guards.

"Hey, they've got some work for ya. Do me a favor, and step out of your cell."

I hesitate, failing at wrapping my head around everything that's happening. Why am I here? What did I-

"What are you stupid or something? I said step out of the cell. If you don't step out of the cell I'm gonna kick your ass."

"S-sorry, sir" I decide to listen to him, for my own good.

"Just follow me. Oh and by the way, we're authorized to uh, exterminate any disobedient test subjects, so I'd recommend not doing anything stupid."

I follow him, still extremely worried. How the hell did I get here? This looks like a facility, signs are everywhere with some kind of motto: "Secure. Contain. Protect." Huh, I wonder who they are protecting, because it's obvious they're not protecting us, I wonder what they-

"Man, I'm hungry. Hey, today's pizza day down at the cafeteria, right?" my thoughts get silenced

"Uh, a-actually, I think it's tuna casserole."

"Oh, god dammit. Well, my day's ruined. The only reason I still come here is for the pizza. I don't know what it is about that pizza, but it's delicious. Tuna casserole, on the other hand, is a disgusting abomination and it should be locked up in here with the rest of these freaks."

"Uh, okay.."

"Uh, so you see any good movies lately?" 

"Uh, I don't really watch movies. I mostly read books."

"Yeah? What kind of books?"

"Uh, horror, science fiction, anything like that."

"You're kidding me."

"What?"

"Your whole job revolves around horror and science fiction, except, you know, it's not actually fiction."

"Well, actually, I'm planning on writing a book about my exper-"

"Yeah, look, no offense, but I've already lost interest in what you're talking about."

We finally get to the destination. 

"Well, we're here. I'm still disappointed I didn't get to punch you in the face, but sigh whatever."

The guard stops me as I'm about to enter.

"Oh, by the way. You might want to read this."

I gulp, giving him the paper back, I go through the door

I gulp, giving him the paper back, I go through the door. I see two more guys down here with me, I just realised, we're all wearing orange, like we're prisoners, the jacket has CLASS D written on it.

"Attention, all class-D personnel, please enter the containment chamber"

The door opens. Revealing the horrible statue I saw in that piece of paper, so this is SCP-173. I need to keep my eyes on it, I don't want it to-

"Subject D-9341, enter the containment chamber or you will be terminated!"

I run into the chamber. The door closing behind me.

"Please approach SCP-173 for testing"

The door reopens behind us.

"Uh, there seems to be a problem with the door control system. The doors aren't responding to any of our attempts to close, so please maintain direct eye contact with SCP-173 and -"

The lights flicker on and off, masking the horrible sounds that are heard.

SNAP

SNAP

The lights turn back on, I am greeted by the statue directly in my face, arms stretched out, ready to rip my throat out. I slowly back out of the chamber, greeted by a guard sitting on the balcony.

"Hey, scaredy cat! You'd better get your- Wait what the fuck is happening?"

The lights flicker again, the statue is no longer in front of me, it seems to have teleported to the guard

"Oh shit. Oh shit-shi-" His voice is drowned out by his gunfire.

SNAP

The lights cut out completely and now I'm left alone... in the dark... with that fucking statue around here..