Chapter On

Chapter one

Mary ran, faster and faster, the trees passing her by missing her only just. She looked behind her to see if they were catching up or if she had finally lost them. The woods were silent, all that could be heard was the owls in the distant and the wind as it wisles threw the trees. She stood there listening, making sure that she was defiantly alone. Nothing. She had lost them. She took a deep breath and slid down a tree until she was sat at its base trying to comprehend what had just happened.

Mary was from the Southern factions, these people where the farmers and food providers for the other factions. They would raise the animals for slaughter and grow the fruit, vegetables and grains to make their breads to feed all the factions. They would work long days and night so that they made sure that no one ever went hungry.

The other factions were the Northern, Eastern and the Western. The Northern faction was the protectors. They were the Security, army, police and fireman. They made sure that the other factions stayed in check and didn't over step the mark in the social order they they were in. The Eastern faction was the carers. They were the doctors, nurses and the teachers. There primary role and goal was to make sure that the wellbeing of all the people, no mater what there faction, was looked after and had the care and education that they deserved. Lastly was the Western faction, they were the public servants, the cleaners, the housekeepers, the bus drivers and the homeless. They were seen as the bottom of their social ladder, worth nothing to the other factions and ignored by the Northern faction, as they were the opposite ends.

All the factions had there roles and all had there place within the country. Then there was the government, made up of the highest level of members from each faction. They made the rules and decided the punishments if any of them were broken. They made sure that the country ran like clock work and that no factions where caught mixing with each other.