Chapter 11

Antonio: ...

Mike: Antonio, you don't wanna do that.

Emily: Antonio, please, we don't wanna have to chase you. Just come back with us.

Kevin: Antonio, we're really are sorry. Please, just come back.

Antonio: ...

Jayden: What will it take for you to believe us?

Mia: How about you all just get off his back?!

They all turn to Mia.

Emily: Mia...

Mia: ...

Mike: Is that... Terry?

Terry: Well, I guess that's the surprise ruined.

Kevin: Jayden, did she...?

Jayden: No doubt about it. Even if she really did leave to clear her mind, like the rest of us, she couldn't help but look for Antonio. Isn't that right, Mia?

Mia: I don't know what your problem is, all of you for that matter. What happened was my problem, and should've stayed that way.

Antonio: ...

Mia: I trusted you, and so did Antonio.

Mike: Mia, we are sorry.

Terry: You can say that despite chasing him here? Now that's funny.

Emily: We didn't mean to hurt you guys.

Mia: It wouldn't have come to this if you all just minded your own business.

Mike: ... Terry, how are you wrapped up in all this?

Terry: I bumped into Antonio on my way to visit you guys. He told me what happened. I went to the Shiba house and only found Mentor-Ji and Mia there. Mia told me what happened and we both went to look for him.

Emily: So, the person I sensed with Mia was you then?

Terry: That's right. I asked Mentor-Ji not to tell you I came by.

Mia: And I asked him to tell you I went out to clear my mind.

Kevin: So, Mentor didn't lie to us. He told us the truth and still managed to cover up your true intention.

Mia: That's right.

Antonio: ...

Jayden: Look, Mia, as sorry we are, you're not the one running right now.

She turns to Antonio.

Antonio: ...

Mia: Antonio...

She walks towards him. Every two steps she takes towards him, he takes a step back until he's against the rail. She stops walking towards him. Jayden, Kevin, Mike. Emily and Terry begin to close in as well until they're all of equal distance from him.

Mia: Antonio... I'm really sorry if I hurt you... and I'm sorry things had to go this far... but they're right, we can't let you go like this.

She slowly walks towards him.

Antonio: ...

Terry: (Mia...)

Terry also walks slowly to Antonio, then Emily, then Mike and finally Jayden and Kevin.

Antonio: ...

He places an arm on the rail. They stop.

Mia: Antonio?