chapter eight

The sun invaded my eyes as soon as I opened them. I stayed laying down at an attempt to figure out where I am, but I couldn't see so I just closed eyes again. After breathing for a few seconds I open my eyes and sit up slowly. Items began popping out at me one by one.

Walls surrounded the room with only two medium sized windows. I whispered a soft cuss word to myself as my the banging in my head increased. I felt a pinch in my arm and looked at it, a long IV hung out the crease of my inner arm.

Why the fuck am I at a hospital? What the hell happened?

"Sade.. You can calm down, I'm right here baby girl." snapped my head to left side of the room to see my mom standing up from the hospital seat.

"Momma...." I breathe sharply and bury my face in my hands. The feeling of warm tears sliding down my face and into my cupped hands made me cry a little harder. "Am I okay? Am I gonna be fine?" I ask breathing heavily looking up from my hands.

Momma nodded her head at a slow pace and sat down next to me on the bed. "You're doing great baby girl, you just-- I just need you to rest right now."

I shake my head fastly. "No, I wanna know what's wrong with me? Am I gonna die?" I ask sitting up even taller in the semi-soft bed. "Be-Because it felt like I was dying before I-I got here! Momma I don't wanna die!"

"Hey hey hey, you're not gonna die princess. You're not going anywhere, anytime soon, okay?" Momma said gripping my hand, hard, with a lot of love in it. "Are you hungry?"

I shake my head at her question. "No." Honestly, I am, but food is the last thing on my mind right now. I just wanna know what happened to me.

"Oh hello there.. How are you feeling Sade?" A female doctor came in and recognize her from many times before.

Dr. Ambedkar, she's been my doctor since I got my tonsils removed. That was when I was 18, so for a few years, but she's known for delivering scary or iffy news. But, instead of frowning I put on a fake smile and wave lazily.

"Hey, Dr. A."

"Hello beautiful." She walked towards the sink and grabbed some gloves from the dispenser. She then opened the drawer and grabbed three needles. "How are you feeling?"

I shrug. "I'm good."

"Don't lie to me Sade." Dr. A chastised.

I sigh and throw my head back. "I just wanna know what happened to me?"

"Well," Dr. A starts clearing her throat. "I know exactly what happened."

Momma and I look at each other and back at Dr. A. We look at her waiting for an answer. But, the brunette just looked at practically want me to answer my own question. I take a deep breath, another tear fell down my face.

"I had a flare didn't I?"

"Yes, you did. But, you know what, this one was damn near fatal." I sniffle a little bit as Dr. A continues saying stuff to me. I stopped listening after awhile if I'm being honest. I just wanna go home and wrap myself up in Omar's arms.. He would definitely make me feel better right now.

"I've just been so stressed out Dr. A." I say excusing myself. "I thought I was getting better but-"

"But, you're not." Dr. A smushed her words at the end of my statement.

Momma sighed and that's when I knew this conversation was about to go downhill. All three of us just looked at each other, waiting for someone to speak up. But, I don't have any words for this situation. I'm practically on my deathbed right now, and I don't have anything to say.

"The plan is one week on hospice watch, then 3 days bed rest at home. That includes no working at home, you need to be stress free right now." Dr. A ordered. "Especially because you wanna do this tour by next year, which in my opinion is pushing the timing. But, it's not if you rest."

"Okay..." I sigh running my hands through my hair. "Okay, I will rest."

"You don't have a choice Sade." Momma said with a chuckle in her voice. "You gotta get better."

"But, until then I'm pretty sure you're hungry and even if you say you're not, you still need to eat something." Dr. A says smiling.

"I'm going to Gabbiano's I'll pick up something for you."

I nod my head and look down at my hands. "Okay.."

"I love you Sade." Momma pecks my cheek before walking out the room.

I look at Dr. A and roll my eyes. "I'm assuming that you need to take more of my blood? Otherwise you wouldn't be in my presence.."

"Careful Sade.. I'm the one with the needles."

Knock.Knock.Knock.

"Come in." I rasp through my hoarse voice.

The door opens and someone I didn't expect to see, at all. I looked up and my breathing got a little heavy. The masculine figure stepped closer to me causing me to sit up and lift my weight to my lower body. All I could feel was a warm, salty tear drip down my face and to the corner of my mouth.

I take a deep breath, like my therapist taught me when I was younger, to control my breathing. No sentences could form, for the only thing I could choke out was, "Dad?" And that was that.

A/N🗣

So, Sade's dad is back in her life😬😬 Are y'all ready?😏😏

SADE HAS LUPUS🗣😟How do you feel?

Do you think Sade should give Omar another chance or move on🤔

Blair or Donnell💜💕

❗❗THE NEXT PART IS NOT A CHAPTER, IT WILL BE CALLED "THINGS WE KNOW" IT'S BASICALLY A SUMMARY OF THE PAST CHAPTERS. I SUGGEST YOU GUYS READ IT BECAUSE IT'LL GIVE YOU A BETTER IDEA OF THE LUPUS SITUATION AND THE DAD SITUATION❗❗

I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR THE +400 READS😘😘💜-JALIYAH-SHARIF