Realizing (bonus chapter)

Graduation.

An ending and a beginning in one momentous occasion of smiles and feelings of final freedom and new starts, clean slates and opportunities. Leaving and staying and moving and shifting, working and planning and packing and waving. Saying goodbye and see you later, starting your own life away from home or continuing a life with more independence.

Isaac walked first, his smile goofy and proud as he accepted his diploma with a wide grin thrown to the boy cheering the loudest for him.

Lydia walked second, taking her diploma after a riveting speech about working hard for themselves to pursue your own interests and start your life away from home. She took her diploma, hugged each faculty member in stage, then walked off with her head held high and an award winning smile on her pink painted lips.

Scott walked next, his suit crisp and clean beneath his gown. He shook the hands of the staff and bowed dramatically to the crowd of students, his lips curled in an easy smile.

Malia walked after Scott, taking her diploma with a proud smile, receiving a standing ovation from the members of her pack, loud screams and proud claps to convert their happiness of her passing high school.

Jackson accepted his diploma with his usual smug grin, bowing and winking to the crowd. The pack cheered for him, rolling their eyes with fond smiles.

Kira walked last, her smile sweet and appreciative as she shook everyone's hand then walked off the stage, planting a sweet kiss to Malia's lips.

They looked between each other, Scott's arm hanging around Isaacs shoulders, Malia and Kira's hands linked together, Jackson and Lydia's arms wrapped around each other as they listened to the other students names being called, smiling and cheering for each student that walked the stage.

"Oh, this ones out of order" principle turner chuckled, holding up one of the black folders to read beneath his glasses. "Mieczyslaw Stilinski" he called, smiling at the array of students. Scott tensed, his shoulders seizing as the pack looked around.

"Where's Stiles?" Lydia asked, her brows furrowed as she glanced around the crowd, not a single head popping up. Scott gulped, looking at the other pack members as principle turner continued.

"He's- he's gone" Scott said.

"Where'd he go?" Kira asked, her face turned down in an adorable type of confusion.

"He um- he left with Derek a few weeks ago" Scott explained briefly, pulling Isaac closer in an attempt at self comfort.

"What? Why didn't he tell us?" Lydia asked, her head tilted.

"Why do we care?" Jackson asked.

"Jackson!" Scott narrowed his eyes.

"What?" The boy shrugged, tone clipped. "We ignored the kid all senior year and then you want to wonder why he didn't tell us he was running away? I'm surprised he lasted this long, neither of you tried talking to him, you didn't care when he was here, so why do you care now? I don't" he stated bluntly.

"He was our friend, jacks" Isaac scolded.

"Was he? I mean, he was Scott's friend and Scott barely spoke two sentences to him during senior year. Malia dumped him then didn't talk to him again. Kira liked him but Kira likes everyone. Isaac stole his only friend. And Lydia let him pine after her for years, then kissed him, then ignored him again. Such great friends we were, Isaac" Jackson shook his head as he leaned back in his chair. Everyone looked down at their laps, their chests tighter than they were a few moments ago.

"He's right. This is our fault, we pushed him away" Scott said, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"You can't blame yourself Scott, it's not like he tried being with us either" Lydia placed her hand on the alphas shoulder, trying to believe her own words as much as she was tying to convince Scott that were true.