The Beginning of Wishes Being Granted

They were complete opposites with a common thread. She was born into a royalty she wanted - longed - to escape. He spent his life building an army of thieves he could destroy the monarchy with.

Her Mother spent many moons looking for ways to take away a birthright bestowed by the Gods and protected by her husband. A King she ensured she'd marry through the birth of Lady Violet. The now Queen saw this as a way to be lavishly provided for - even though her heart was void of love for anyone. She could not even love herself and found her lifestyle to be too modest for her taste - while the child received all the gifts, attention and privileges of power the Queen truly felt was her calling.

His Mother a simple wench who learned early in life how to use what the Universe gave her to pay the bills. However, a drunken night of debauchery led her to birth a son not worth the agony she endured after sleeping with a con-man she believed was part of the royal family. So far as she was concerned, Sebastian owed her everything - a debt he would never repay.

Before they met, both dreamed of living the life they believed the other had. Neither realized how together they would change everything for the better. When fate would have it, they met the very night both of their lives were meant to come to an end.

Sebastian had always admired the Airships of the Royal Fleet. His Mother knew he was crazy, and would amount to nothing, the night he told her he was going to be an Airship Captain when she asked why he spent so much time star gazing. Everyone knew, only NeoVictorians of true royal blood could own an Airship and the crew came from generations of families born to serve on them. Anyone else was considered a criminal, better known as a Pirate, condemned to a life worth less than a commoner.

Despite her privileged status, Lady Violet was more prone to be found spending time with commoners learning about how everyday life worked, than she cared to find herself learning how to seduce a man or the latest high fashion for the sake of looks alone. Most of her finest dresses, hats and shoes were made in the armory. Functional female fashion was the style she chose. She found most noble men did what any woman could do for herself - well actually less. The Noble games mostly left the real combat fighting to others, who in real life were comrades. Any duels Nobles did were more just pomp and flash - entertainment for the crowd of ladies where the end-game was to obtain their lands.

Lady Violet and Sebastian both dreamed of freedom, a place they could call their own where they would right the wrongs of this world. A safe home for all who believed in being ... a free individual with an equal place in the community.

No wonder the Universe conspired to have Sebastian and his crew storm the castle the very night Lady Violet's Mother tried to end her obstacle to real power through the death of her daughter. It would be a tragic accident of rebellion where the Queen would enjoy all the attention befitting a Mother mourning the loss of a child born to rule the kingdom.

Why now, you ask?

Death came in the form of a betrothal contract delivered by a Baron from a distant land. The proposal provided the assurance a long sought after alliance would become reality. And while the Baron may have represented his King in public, in the Queen's secret bed chamber he was a collaborative partner. They agreed the marriage would not only mean the elderly King would have a young Queen who would bring her own court of advisers along with a formidable army. The union would provide Lady Violet means to sire her own first born daughter, next inline for both kingdoms. In her homeland the Lady would become High Mother and the Queen's power would become nothing more than a title.

And that, just wasn't a future the jealous Baron and the vain Queen wanted to see happen.

Unbeknownst to the Queen, she and Violet were in agreement. Lady V had no intention of entering into a loveless marriage, all for the sake of politics. She had her own dreams and visions of grandeur. Quite simply, she'd had enough of pretty prisons filled with poisonous two faced royals eager to impregnate or kill her.

Sebastian found it ridiculously easy to get into the sky castle. It's as if they just left the door wide open for him. He smiled at his good fortune, as his eyes feast upon the most beautiful Airship he'd ever seen in his life right there before him. The Nebuchadnezzar was a Sweet 16 gift from the King to his only royal child. It's construction meticulously completed by the land's finest craftsman. Sebastian couldn't resist taking a small side trip, especially when he found its plank extended and the ornate entrance open. Everything about the plan to storm the castle left his mind as he cautiously entered the ship, retracted the plank and closed its bulkhead behind him.

As much as he wanted to just look around, he found himself going straight to the Captain's Bridge only to find ... a beautiful woman with her back to him. He could see a reflection of her frowning over the controls.

As Sebastian crept upon his prey a calm voice said, "Do you know how to fly this thing?"