Chapter One

Bernie had returned home around about 2am the following morning , she had told Serena that she was going to be working through the night again, as a couple of months ago she had started to avoid her wife as she was spending more time with the new CEO Abigail Tate, who was the best friend of Serena.

With Bernie stumbling into the house and dumped her keys down on the table nearest the front door,  she didn't know that Serena was still awake and sat at the kitchen table waiting to talk to her as she finally discovered the truth of Bernie's whereabouts. The blonde took her phone out of her pocket writing a text "Home safe, miss you already baby x you can't tell Serena about what I've told you" and sent it to Abs before sighing to herself seeing what the time was. She gently placed her phone down on the table next to the keys and headed into the kitchen where she turned the light on not noticing her wife who was sat at the table.

She headed to the sink and lifted a glass and filled it up halfway with tap water , slowly sipping it while staring into the sink, she knew she had to tell Serena the truth but hoped it wouldn't be tonight.

"What time do you call this? And where have you been?" The brunette spoke making the blonde jump a little so that the blonde looked around seeing her wife

"How long have you been waiting there?"

"Few hours now.. since that text you sent me saying you'll be late home... you still haven't answered my question"

"Does it matter I need to go to bed" she quickly replied and placed the glass in the sink

Serena sighed "of course it matters... I want the truth to where you went"

"And I've already told you... I was at work down in theatre helping Abigail with an operation that took all night..." she quickly lied as she wasn't down in theatre.

"How come I don't believe you?"

"I don't know but can we talk about this tomorrow as I really need to go bed.." the blonde snapped trying not to let the guilt show.

"No we can't talk about it tomorrow as you'll do the same thing like you did tonight, it's like you don't wanna be seen with me anymore, it was your idea to rush and get married"

The blonde shook her head "marrying you isn't a mistake okay"

"It certainly feels like it"

"Well it's not now if you'll excuse me"

"Your hiding something.. and I'm gonna find out what it is"

The blonde sighed and rolled her eyes "good luck with that"  the brunette raised an eyebrow before watching her leave and gave out another small sigh

The blonde left the room and headed upstairs to the bedroom forgetting that she had placed her phone down on the table next to the front door which gave Serena an opportunity to go on it and look for the answers that she wanted.

The blonde had gone for a quick shower when her phone went off, Serena went to the table and picked it up and sat on the stairs where she then read Abigail's reply "I know babe I miss you to, but I'll see you tomorrow, I love you , hey you know I won't tell her xx"

The brunette felt her heart break while reading the previous messages, she had found the answers that she had being looking for, she also looked through her emails and pictures before going to confront her wife about it. The brunette stormed up the stairs also storming into the bedroom the blonde turned and looked at her while drying her hair with the towel

"We need to talk" the brunette spat holding Bernie's phone in her hand

"And I told you it can wait"