Chapter Three

The brunette spent the last hour or two in the office working on some paperwork work while she kept looking over at her wife's hospital bed she sighed before putting her pen down and stood up, she couldn't be away from her partner any longer.

The blonde was sound asleep when she felt someone take her hand so she woke up a little , seeing it was serena she let go "I thought I told you to go?" She mumbled

"I couldn't... you need me"

Bernie nodded a little "I...I'm sorry" she replied while slowly reaching for Serena's hand as she knew that Serena was right, that she did need her.

Serena smiled taking her hand again "I know"

"No...you don't..... I hurt you... but I wasn't meant to..."

Serena just stroked her hand "we'll talk when your feeling more better okay?"

Bernie nodded again and held her hand tight letting her know that she was scared

"Hey,I'm here, there's nothing to be scared of, I promise you, I promise that I'm right here next to you"

"I'm scared that you'll leave me once I tell you everything.."

"Bern... I think I would of walked on us when I found out what you did five months ago.. but I didn't I stayed..." Serena paused "I stayed because I still love you"

Bernie looked at her a little "you shouldn't I hurt you..."

"Love is stronger than hate Bernie .. plus it's my fault to I shouldn't of gone..."

"You had to go and get yourself better, I understood that..."

"But I should of asked you to come with me... you needed a break from this place to..."

Bernie nodded while she watched her partner "that night with Abigail it wasn't meant to happen, you shouldn't be mad at her , you should just be mad at me ... I made the move first... im...I'm sorry"

"I should be mad but I can't because you in here as a patient, I don't want you to feel anymore worse then you already do.."

Bernie nodded "I really didn't mean to hurt you... she was just trying to comfort me then one thing led to another and before I knew it I took it to far but I liked it Ree.. I know I shouldn't but it felt good"

Serena nodded a little "was she better than me?"

Bernie refused to answer her partner

"Bernie please I need to know..."

"I'm not sure"

"What do you mean that you don't know?"

"I love it when we do it and I loved it when I did it with her..."

The brunette nodded again.

About two weeks later Bernie was now out of hospital, Bernie thought that Serena wanted her to sleep in the spare room so she had moved a few of her things into the spare room.

Serena sighed watching her move into the spare room before speaking "Whatcha doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm moving into the spare room as I know you hate me know that I'm out of hospital"

"That's not true"

"Yes it is... you don't hold me like you used to"

"I've just been busy with work, with covering your shifts... someone has to do it"

"I feel like that isn't true and you don't want me anymore, I said I was sorry..."

"I know you did... and I do love you..."

"Really?"

"Of course"

The blonde nodded and sat on the spare bed and looked at her wrist that had now held but left a scar, Serena came over and sat next to her

"You feel ashamed about the scar don't you?"

The blonde nodded while tears formed and gave a little nod

"Hey Don't cry" the brunette spoke putting her arm around her getting pulling her into a hug "it's okay I forgive you okay?"

The blonde cried into her wife and grabbed onto her shirt, Serena rocked her slowly while rubbing her back softly

"Hey, it's okay, I'm still here, I'm not gonna leave you I promise, I forgive you "

"But you will Because you'll get bored of me.." the blonde friend into Serena more

"Hey Bernie, I'm here to stay, I married you because I loved you and I still love you, so no I'm not gonna get bored of you"

"But" the blonde sniffed

"No buts Bern ,  your the one I want"

The blonde nodded slowly as she began to calm herself before looking at serena who wiped away the tears again, The blonde let out a little yawn as she had tired herself out.

Serena smiled softly watching her "why don't you come back into our bed ?"

Bernie looked at her "d...do you want me to?"

"Hey of course I do it's your bed to" the brunette stroked her cheek and brushed the blondes hair out her face with her hands before she kissed her forehead and took her into to the bedroom.

The brunette gently put the blonde down on the bed and laid next to her, the blonde moved a little closer to her hand rested her head on her chest , Serena smiled softly and put her arm around her stroking her hair again

It took a little while for Bernie to fall asleep, Serena watched and smiled kissing the top of her head letting the blonde sleep for however long she wanted to

The blonde slept throughout the night until the next day, this was the first proper  night's sleep that Bernie had gotten in a long time. Serena was also asleep with both her arms the blonde.

Serena soon woke and looked down at the blonde seeing her sound asleep , she tucked some of the blondes hair behind her ear so that she could stroke her cheek more softly , the blonde gave out a little moan but never woke up just yet, as it was her first day back at work after spending a few months in hospital

"Bab..Bernie... it's almost 11:30am..."

"Another five more minutes please?"

"Bern we was meant to be at work an hour ago"

"Just five more minutes... please"

Serena nodded and let the blonde stay asleep, in that moment she realised how tired she was and decided to phone in to say that neither of the could make it in.