CHAPTER 4 - Welcome to Washington

"Just let me in already." I speak calmly as I try to keep my badass nature in.

"She's not expecting anyone, especially someone with a luggage." The guard or whoever he is says, eyeing my luggage.

"If you love my bag so much, I can give it to you when it is emptied." I say and he mumbles some incoherent words.

"Madam isn't expecting anyone." He repeats for the umpteenth time since I have been here.

"Call whosoever is inside, they will know me."

"How am I supposed to be sure that you haven't come to harm my boss?" He asks and I open my luggage for him to see.

I try scanning through my phone for a picture of my dad and I but I can't find any recent one.

"Here." I say showing him the picture of my parents and I during our fake family unity show for my dad's campaign three years ago.

"You look like the girl in this picture and she's standing with the son of my boss." The guard says and I conclude on the spot that he is crazy.

"That's because she is me and the man in the picture is my dad," I say pointing to my dad in the picture, "and this is my mom!" I add pointing to my mom.

"Now, LET ME IN!" I say closing my luggage and he nods rapidly.

"Okay, okay ma'am." He replies with a bow and I walk in majestically after rolling my eyes.

I stand still a bit staring at the magnificent building my grandmother calls her home.

"Are you our new neighbor?" A girl asks cutting off my thoughts.

"Who are you?" I ask with raised brows.

"I live here, I should ask you that." She replies with a serious expression.

"I'm not your neighbor, I will just be here for a while." I say without much details.

"Wait! Oh my goodness. Don't tell me you're Ava." She says with a smile.

"I'm not Ava." I reply.

"Then who are you?" She asks folding her arms beneath her breasts.

"I'm, Melanie Ava Brown." I reply with a fake smile.

"You said you aren't her." She says and I shrug.

"You said I shouldn't tell you I'm Ava." I reply and she grins.

"Welcome to Washington. I like you." She smiles and hugs me.

"Thanks." I say pulling away.

"It's nice to have my cousin here, at least I won't be the only one with granny. She's been talking nonstop about you. Ava this, Ava that. You know she actually told me you were coming this weekend, but then she received a call last night and she told me you will be here. Do you even know I exist? Were you ever told about me? My name is Linda." She says all without a pause and I stare back at her without knowing which question to answer first.

"So Linda, can I go in first?" I ask with a small smile.

"Opps! My bad." She says pulling my luggage before I can move my hand to.

We both walk in and I sit.

"Where's grammy." I ask.

"You call her grammy? I call her granny in her absence but call her Ms. Brown in her presence. I love your long red hair." She finally finishes her rant and I come to a conclusion that she is a talkative.

"I haven't even answered your question, I'm sorry. Granny will be back tomorrow. She thought she would be able to meet you today, but she has a meeting." She adds.

"Okay." I say and stare at some pictures on the wall.

"That's my dad and I," she points to the first, "my parents, granny and I," she says pointing at another and then she smiles looking at the small one placed on the table, "and that's my boyfriend and I." She says smiling and a surge of pain flows through me.

The mention of the word boyfriend reminds me of Mike...

"You can get some rest, Bianca the house keeper will show you your room. I will be going to a club tonight." She says and stands up.

"I'm going with you." I say without thinking twice.

I seriously need to get rid of Mike from my heart.

"The group will be so happy to meet you." She says happily.

"Let's get dressed!" She adds and I nod.

What do you think about Linda?
Please vote