5.

A/N
Lol I actually posted another part. If you're reading this or for some reason actually liking this story, let me know. Comment and all that jazz.

---------

I woke up early. In fact I could hardly sleep. But this time it wasn't the nightmares that made me restless. For once I couldn't wait for the morning sun to rise. I finally had something to look forward to.

The chances of seeing Kitten again were slim to none. But I still had hope, for some indescribable reason I knew that I would see him again.

I crept down the stair way and made my way to the garden.

Pushing past the branches and going into the clearing my head swivelled around in search for Kitten.

I couldn't see him. I looked around a few more times and prayed that he was here. There was still no sign of the black-furred creature. Gloom filled my body, it felt like a dark thundercloud hung above my head. 

I took a seat on the bench, still hopeful that he would come.

I felt my eyes begin to droop, so I closed them and sat there in silence enjoyed the sound of wind  rustling trees.

Minutes passed by and I let myself get lost in my thoughts until I heard a familiar panting.

I opened my eyes and shot up. There he was standing by the opening. The giant wolf was grinning from ear to ear like a pup.

He jumped onto my and began licking my face like a giant puppy. His excitement to see me tripled my own.

We began chasing each other around, similar to how the children could in the courtyard.

                                            ---

After exhausting myself out I now sat snuggled up in Kitten's black fur.

We sat there while I talked, jumping from one random subject to another. He would occasionally whine or growl as form of participation in the conversation.

It felt good, letting the words flow from my mouth. Not stuttering after every word and not feeling fear in my voice. The last time I talked this much was with my parents. Before life felt like death.

When the sun had reached the clock tower I knew I had to make my return before Miss Martha came looking for me.

So I turned to face Kitten. "I must go, before they notice I've gone."

He whined in disapproval and turned his head like a small child having a tantrum.

"Oh, don't be like that. I don't want to leave either but I have to. But I promise you will see me again. Okay?"

I held his face in my hands and turned him back to me. He reluctantly let out a sound that resembled an 'Okay'. I planted a kiss on the top of his head between his ears and hugged him one last time before heading back.

                                      -----

I got back just as the house staff began filing into the kitchens. Today everyone seemed in a  frantic state. No one liked looking at me let alone talk to me, so the chances of someone informing me were non existent. So I stood close to two seamstresses and listened intently to their hushed conversation.

"He hasn't been back here in years, why the sudden return?" One of the seamstresses inquired.

"I heard he's coming back for the Alpha title, though he has no claim to it. He was born a bastard, Orian is the only heir of the Verum Sangius." The older seamstress replied.

I felt confusion settle over my head.

Who did they speak of?

"I heard that the Alpha requested his return. Heavens knows what for. Though I've heard some say that the Alpha wants to see both his sons battle and see who reigns victorious." A nearby kitchen maid chimed in.

"Well If that's true then Orian can kiss his title goodbye. Apparently the bastard is a has become a monstrous killer, able to take on whole legions on by himself. Men flee the battle field just at the mere thought of fighting him.. I for one, would love to see Orian's pompous ass getting kicked." Added a hall boy.

I couldn't help but agree with him.

So the Alpha had another son. Born a bastard apparently and greatly feared by the sounds of it.

After Miss Martha finished giving out orders to the others she told me that Master Orian wanted me in his chambers.

Fear convulsed through me, yesterday's events still fresh in my mind as I made my way towards his door, which was already wide open.

When I got to it I looked into his room. Orian stood there with hot rage flaming in his eyes. Objects were flung across his room. Books scattered everywhere and the chairs lay broken, no doubtable after feeling Orians rath.

His hand went to another glass vase, ready to obliterate that too. Until his fury filled eyes shot up to me.

He was beyond angry. I could feel his the rage from his stare, like fire burning my skin. I gulped in fear.

It took every bit of strength I had to not soil myself when he began stalking towards me.