Chapter 3

-Paris's POV-

Dad calls us down to the front room to help unload the moving van. I'm actually excited for this; I get to start over completely. No drama, no rumors, no moving voices. I come out of the back hallway from my soon-to-be-room and find my brothers Cole and Joe running around the front room, enjoying themselves in their new environment. I slip my shoes back on and see Dad at the van pulling boxes out and placing them on the front steps of the house. 

"Do you want me to start bringing these inside, Dad?"

"Yeah, sweetheart. That would be great."

I smile at Dad and grab a box labeled kitchen stuff #1 in moms handwriting. I've always loved the way she writes. Her hand moves freely across the paper and it produces such angelic swirls and lines that form such elegant letters. I have yet to learn her ways with penmanship. My handwriting isn't bad, but everything has room for improvement. 

Time passes and we get all of the boxes inside and it's time to head over to the stables. Dad said that there is another stables on the island other than the one we're all going to, but he said we don't have to go if we don't want to. I'm still contemplating on whether or not I want to go to the other stables. I'm still sensitive about the move and not having my horse, Joker. I've always ridden him; we've done every competition together. It's hard to think of competing without him.

We all gather on the front porch and Dad tells us the ground rules of today's events. 

"These rules are made because of the actions of some of us, not all, but some."

We all turn to look at Joe and Cole. They even turn to look at each other. 

"Anyways, we need to stay together and NOT goof off and wander off. I need to make a good impression on this place. Now, like I said earlier, there is another stables on the island, but I'm not making everyone go to that one. It's a choice and not a requirement. Any important questions?"

Everyone shakes their heads and we all set off to the first stables. It's actually not that far of a walk from the house; it's even a scenic route. This move may not be so bad after all. 

-Marcus's POV-

Sam just told me that the new family has everything out of the moving van and into the house and they are on their way over to the stables. I never actually found something to do while I wait other than wander around town and wait for the text from Sam to head back to the stables. None of this would be happening if we could just keep a vet for more than a few months. I don't know what it is, but nothing is normal and it's starting to drive me crazy. 

I make my way back to the stables and as I do so, I hear fits of laughter coming from one of the alleys. I turn my head to see a family walking together. They look like they haven't slept in days and they need sleep. Yet somehow at the same time, they look ready and prepared to take on anything that life throws at them. I look the group over again and there seems to be only one daughter out of five kids. I can't imagine living life in a family like that. It was probably really tough. She's actually pretty cute. Marcus, what are you doing? Pull yourself together. You don't need to get into that kind of stuff right now. Not with how everything is going right now.

I keep walking towards Brightfields, but I can't help but notice that the family is walking the same way. Is that the new vet and their family? They take another turn from the path towards the stables. Hmm, maybe they're just an ordinary, new family.

I reach the stables and Sam is running around trying to keep things organized, but with as many people as we have, that's kind of hard. 

"Alright everyone, I just got a text and they're almost here. They took a wrong turn getting here, but they'll be here soon." Sam says in a panic.

Everyone begins to run around trying to fix small messes. I can't help but think that the family that I saw was actually the new people. I'm probably wrong, but I can't get that thought out of my head. 

I hear a familiar laugh coming from behind me. I turn around to see the family from earlier. An older man steps forward and asks for Sam. 

"I'll get her. Are you the new vet?" I ask.

"Yes, hi. I'm Dr. Hudson."

"Marcus. I'll go get Sam."

I walk away from the group, but I can't help but noticing that the younger girl in the group is actually really pretty. Her piercing blue eyes, and her dirty blond hair pulled into a nice, yet messy, side braid. Everything comes together just to-"

"Marcus! Who's that?"

It's Sam. 

Great, I'm distracted again.

"The new vet's here. I was coming to tell you."

"What?! They're here already?!"

Sam pushes past me and towards our newest addition to the Brightfields family. I so hope that I haven't just destroyed my chances with her by embarrassing myself. I don't even know what I did as I was walking to Sam's office. I don't know if I was talking out loud, or if I was walking funny, or...man, the possibilities are endless!

Well, if I'm gonna go down, it's not going to be by this much embarrassment. I'm going down with saying what needs to be said. but that's not happening today. We'll give it a moth or so. Maybe then everyone will forget that I'ma  nervous wreck and that it's hard for me to say what I want to. Maybe this time they'll stick around long enough for me to get the chance.

Oh, man. I'm terrible. Sorry for the really long wait, everyone!!! School killed me and I was on another stupid writers block. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and hopefully I'll be able to update again soon. Till next time!!

                                                     -Cassidy<3

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 03, 2019 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Not Enough Time•A Free Rein Fanfic•जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें