T W O

This whole dilemma started when I walked into high school as a newbie, or as everyone calls it, a freshman. I've always had my difficulties when it came to school, even if the teachers say that I'm intellectually gifted. (Eye roll). But really, that's just a fancy way of saying I'm ahead of all those whom I'm surrounded by. I mean, being brutally honest here, it doesn't take much to be so much ahead of my fellow peers. You see, the whole issue here is that they all somehow seem to get perfect grades. How? Don't ask me. I don't know what type of witchcraft they're up to, but apparently it's noticeably working. As for me, I somehow get C's and I'll be jumping for joy, because that's what I call a good grade. It passes, and that's what matters. The teachers love to blabber about how I'm so incredibly smart, and came up with this story saying that I'm just so irresponsible because I've lived a life not having to work to hard, unlike the rest of peers, and since working for things is such an exotic thought to even cross my mind, that's the root of my irresponsibility. Bullshit. Well, maybe not. Whatever it is, I'm tired of hearing it, and each time I have to even look at them, I hear their little voice ringing in my ear telling me the same damn thing as if I never heard it before. Ugh, pardon my French. I just get so worked up taking about this and it gets to me like something that I can't explain. If Merriam Webster dictionary asked me to define exasperating, I'd read them what you just read. But anyways... now that you know that, we can begin with the juicy deets. No, no not the insect repellent. I'm talking about how Carter got involved in all this. You now know how the teachers were unable to comprehend how I'm apparently a, (It's such a basic word, but once again, I'm not too interesting so why use a bigger word.) smart person, or fall among those lines. Well the staff and teachers came together and the administrator told me the following October of my freshman year. "Karol, you are falling behind and me and my fellow staff members can't bear this any longer. From now on, you must attend mandatory after school tutoring, or you will be held accountable". As if I cared; oh wait! I don't! Well, didn't. Unfortunately for me, I had to attend tutoring as an obligation... or else. *So* chilling, I felt a shiver run down my spine! Therefore, I proceeded to do the following, attending every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. For the first week, it was just the teacher who opened up her class who gave me tutoring and helped me out with my assignments. Then, I was informed of the news that I was going to be provided with a personal tutor to help me, and me alone. And that's where Carter Wells comes into the story.