29.

"Yo so I think me and Chantell gone get back together." I spoke. X rose his head and gave me a face.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head and went back to his phone. "Nah for real what?" I asked.

"I thought Chantell told you...." he began. I signaled for him to continue. "We kinda got a thing going on." He said. I made a confused face. "What you mean 'thing'" I asked. He chuckled.

"We been fuckin' bro." He said. My heart is now in two. "You gotta be jokin bro." I said balling up my fists. I got up off the couch and put on my slides. I grabbed my keys and exited the house.

I hopped in the car and sped off.

•••

I got out and slammed the door. I ran to the door and opened it.

"Um excuse you!" Dess said turning down the tv.

"Where's Chantell?!" I yelled. She jumped back. "Damn you don't gotta be mad at me. She in her room." She replied. I stormed up the stairs and to her room.

"Devon get out." I said sternly. "Ight Damn ok daddy." He said running out.

"Who you think you is coming in my room like that." Chantell snapped.

"I'm Stokeley mother fucking Goulbourne." I began. She gave me a face.

"So you been fucking X." I yelled. She looked at me and chuckled.

"First of all you were in a relationship." She said getting off of the bed.

"Why y'all doing all this damn yelling?!" Lee said coming in the room.

"He tryna interrogate me like he some body daddy." She said. I looked at her. "That's not what you was saying yesterday." I spat.

Chantell

"Fuck you!" I yelled. "Already did." He said under his breath. Lee glared at him.

"Oh so y'all been fucking?" Lee asked. "Welp to be honest Chantell you being a lil hoe." She said.

"So you on his side?!" I yelled. "No, I'm your Bestfriend I'm supposed to tell you the truth. Obviously Ski thought y'all had something again. So you should've told him. Therefore you need to apologize."

I mean I kinda get it.

"Stokes I'm sorry I guess." I said getting back on the bed opening my laptop.

"So you for real just gone do this." He spoke. I stared at him. At this point Lee walked out.

"I really thought we had something after yesterday." He said sitting on my bed.

"Well I thought we had something until you got a girlfriend." I said tears now rimming my eyes.

•••