𝟎𝟎𝟐.

───  。゚☆: two , dammit morgan! :☆゚

─── 。゚☆: two , dammit morgan! :☆゚. ───

THE FIRST FEW HOURS of their journey was silent, the scenery becoming greener the longer they rode, and Angelica soaked it all in. Other than the slight ache from her stitches, she found, it was rather peaceful riding in the caravan with Hosea and Arthur. Which was odd, because it's been a while since Arthur and Angelica could sit near each other without arguing.

He's probably falling ill. The woman thought, rolling her eyes with a shake of her head. Or he's waiting for the right moment to start something.

Movement from Hosea caused the younger woman to snap out of her thoughts, her green eyes dragging over to him as he lifted his hand to his right shoulder, rubbing it as it was causing him pain. Angelica raised a thin brow, a question forming on her lips. But before she could utter a word, Hosea spoke.

"Angelica, dear, take the reins." Hosea made a pained face as he held the leather straps out for her to take, who blinked at him in confusion.

"Wait—" She tried.

Hosea then turned to Arthur. "Son, trade places with me — I need to stretch out, these old muscles are starting to cramp."

Arthur narrowed his eyes at the older man, wondering what Hosea was up to. Both men held each other's gaze, an odd exchange passing through their eyes. The gunslinger bit the inside of his cheek, a heavy sigh passing through his nose as he slowly nodded. "Sure. . ."

As both men traded places, Angelica gripped the reins tighter as if they were a lifeline. I wonder if I should just toss myself from the wagon and make a run for it. She thought, eyeing the ground to her right that looked very welcoming at that moment.

Angelica watched out the corner of her eye how Arthur immediately folded his arms and turned away from her, the air feeling thick between them. Hosea was smirking to himself, enjoying the sight of their stiff shoulders and stand-off-ish attitude. He always loved seeing Arthur squirm when he was around the beaut beside him.

Angelica had that effect on a lot of people.

Arthur glanced over at the smaller woman, his lips setting in a straight line as he dropped his gaze to the reins in her smaller hands. For a moment, he thought of her wound. "You should let me take the reins," The last thing they needed was for her to pull her stitches and rip them.

Angelica turned to look up at him, her eyes narrowing. "Why?"

"Cause' I always drive, and I actually know where we're goin'." Was his snippy reply.

So much for not arguing.

Angelica hummed as she rolled her pale eyes, "I know where we're goin' Morgan." She threw him a nasty look when he scoffed, "What? I do!"