Prologue

*Third Person*
  The ginger cat on the rock looked around the rocky clearing. He could see everything from here. He was the leader of them all.
  And why wouldn't he be? Even the mighty, notorious Tigerclaw bowed to this young, strapping, battle-scarred ginger tom. Tigerclaw was nothing but a deputy, his meek puppet. He, like all the other cats before him, were in the ginger tom's control. They all listened to his every word. They all knew that if they dared to disobey him, trouble would come.
  He called for Cinderfur. A thin, grey tom, his left hind paw twisted backwards at a brutal angle, Cinderfur came and dipped his head in front of the feared leader.
  "What is it, my lord?"
  "I want you to pick some cats to form a patrol group. You'll be scouting the borders, near the farm. If you run into any cats, make sure they don't speak a word against me. I need everyone in the forest to be under my rule."
  "Yes, my lord." With that Cinderfur leaped away.
  He stopped not very far from where the leader was standing, stepping in front of a small crowd of cats. "Firestar wants some of you to go on patrol."
  "Where?"
  "Border near the farm."
  "I'll go. There won't be few cats there, not after we drove BloodClan from the forest a few days ago." Ravenfeather spoke up. He was a cat who had lived on the farm once, and had become familiar with the layout there. "BloodClan will most probably retreat to the farm, since nowhere else is safe for them. Don't worry, they'll be happy seeing me."
  "Duly noted. Ravenfeather, you and Shadepelt, Whitethroat (he's not dead in this AU), Darkstripe and Deadfoot will form the patrol. Be back before climbing-moon, Firestar's not the most patient cat you'll meet." Hearing this, said cats, who happened to be in the small huddle Cinderfur was talking to, quickly trotted away to tend to their mission. Ravenfeather took the lead.
  Firestar, seeing the whole thing, smiled wickedly. His plan to unite the forest was coming to fruition at last.