Epilogue...

2 months later...

Kaycee had rarely felt this nervous. A glistening layer of sweat covered her whole body, and while part of that was undoubtedly caused by the Australian heat, she knew that the current situation she was in had to do with it as well.

Hermione glanced towards her, and Kaycee nodded, signaling that she could lift up the spell, and bring their family back to the truth, back to them.

Hermione turned around once more, facing their parents, Kylie and Devon, there in the small house they owned. Kaycee had to admit that Hermione had done a good job with their fake living arrangements, about a year ago. She was grateful now, for all the work her sister had put into this. Kaycee hadn't wanted to do anything related to this, claiming that her sister was better in these intricate kind of spells, and now that she could see with her own eyes what it had been like for her family, she knew for sure that letting Hermione handle this had been a good idea.

"Reminisce"

The effect was immediate. Streams of light blue sparks flew out of her sister's wand and started circling around her other family members, who stood still, pupils dilated, a crazy look in their eyes. This lasted for about 20 seconds, until Hermione's wand seemed to stop producing the blue stuff, and Hermione put her wand down, a movement which made their family member's eyes immediately return back to their normal state.

Kaycee started to fidget, desperately wishing she'd stop sweating so excessively. While she wiped her hands on her shorts, she briefly wondered who would notice the small, but elegant ring on her left ring finger first. More importantly, she worried about what her parents would think of it on top of all the things that had happened. In the Wizarding World, getting engaged at a young age wasn't rare at all, but in the Muggle world, not even being 18 and already getting ready to marry someone was unheard of, and she doubted her and Sean's decision to stay engaged at least 2 years before actually getting married would help in them accepting this. She just hoped they would be happy for her.

"My-my girls..."

It was her mum, and she was immediately shook out of her worries upon hearing her voice again. It was a sound she hadn't prepared for enough. Actually, coming here, she'd prepared herself for yelling, fights, feeling guilty for agreeing with Hermione, apologising. She hadn't prepared at all for her mum's wobbly voice, the sight of her, her tears already running over her cheeks, her skin several shades darker than it used to be.
Then, she was swept into a hug, and she could only close her eyes, soaking in the love she currently felt, a love only felt between a daughter and her mother, an unconditional kind of love.

"Mum...how much do you know?"

Kaycee cringed as soon as Hermione spoke the words she'd been dreading to say herself. She didn't want to leave her mother's arms, didn't want to have to face the truth. It was, however, inevitable, and Kaycee knew that they didn't have the right to keep the truth from them any longer.

"Uhm....well, I-I'm not...I'm...Laura Granger..."

Kaycee could see her sister's eyes light up, excited since it seemed like her spell had been correct.

"What more do you remember? Do you know why you're here, mum? Or why Hermione and I weren't?"

Her mum's excitement upon seeing her 2 newfound daughters seemed to come to halt as soon as Kaycee started asking questions, and Kaycee already folded her hands behind her back. That would come later.

"I...I don't know. Why don't I know? Devon, you're good at remembering things, why....why are we here? God it feels weird to ask that question. It feels weird to call you Devon."