24

I walk with my dad as we go through the gates, Indra and an army of trikru training.

"Welcome." Dad speaks. "I thought we'd start with a reception then move on to training. We have a lot to learn from each other. Weapons there, please. Only Ark guards and my daughter are here..... And she never puts down her blood stained sword..."

Indra throws her weapon into the bit, and dad gestures for the grounder to enter.

"Thank you for agreeing to this, Indra." I speak softly as I slowly rub my stomach.

"We're here on the commander's orders." Indra says. "I agreed to nothing."

I roll my eyes and she cocks an eyebrow,

"Please. We'll begin in a moment." Dad says and turns to Jaha. "They want us to start."

"This is a mistake." Jaha says.

"I convinced Abby to release you, don't make me regret it." Dad says.

"Let me tell you how this ends, Marcus, and hand off the sword Skyla." Jaha speaks. "Either we lose and Mount Weather kills us all or we win and our new friends do."

"I'll handle them if they try." I speak.

"I thought you had faith." Dad says to the Chancellor from the Ark when it was in space.

"This is their land, and believing that they'll let us live here happily ever after isn't faith, it's stupidity." Jaha says.

"You're wrong, it's common sense." I state simply. "There's enough here for everybody, we just need to make them see that it's in their best interest to share. And that starts today, They nearly killed my child. Trust me."

***

I am under my dad's arm while we watch the grounders in combat, Octavia is watching with us.

"Impressive, aren't they?" Dad asks. "What doesn't kill them makes them stronger."

"Good, Fio." Indra says to the grounder. "Who's next?"

"I am." Octavia steps up. "We're supposed to train together, right? I mean, Skyla knows grounder combat, my sister knows her fight and knows her way around a sword."

"Only warriors train here." Indra speaks sharply.

"I saved your life." Octavia says.

"And now I'm saving yours." Indra says. "You, attack!"

***

I grab some food and I walk through the woods alone. The grounders normally leave me alone, because they know my skill with a sword and they know I am with child. It is one they oblige by. Not to hurt pregnant women. Unborn children are innocent.

I arrive at the empty dropship, and stop my the unmarked graves. I look down at Wells' grave. A frown finds my lips as my hand rests on my stomach.

"I miss you, Wells." I state.

I go back to Camp Jaha and I am greeted by Raven. She hugs me.

Sorry it's short, hope you continue to read.