Chapter 8

So it's day one living with Luke and Jai. It feels weird because I won't be able to see Beau for a week but I have to sort my feelings. It was around 5 and Jai came upstairs and asked what we wanted for dinner. I said anything good I guess. Luke said pizza and Jai went to order it.

"So...wanna play another game of FIFA? I need to claim my victory."

"Sure."

I sat as far away as I could from Luke because I didn't want anything to happen. Luke kept scooting closer and I scooted into the wall. We both laughed and focused on the game. I kicked in the last goal and won again.

"Do you have any secrets you can teach me?"

"Stay still while holding the remote. It keeps you more focused."

Luke smiled and set the remote down. All I was thinking is he better not have any ideas. Luke came over and sat by me. It felt awkward for me though.

"Amanda, I'm sorry for what happened. I know I've said it a lot but I just want to let you know again."

"Luke, I'm also sorry. I should've talked to you but Beau came over and we talked. I felt like that's all I needed but I should've talked to you first. I'm sorry I didn't give you another change straight away. I just wasn't ready to."

Luke smiled again and hugged me. His hugs were the best I've ever felt. I hugged him back.

"So now what...?"

Luke thought, then he shrugged.

"Wanna watch tv?"

"Sure."

I laid on the floor and Luke laid on his bed. He turned on WipeOut. I remember we used to watch this a lot before we got together. Luke got up and laid on the floor with me.

"Whatcha doing....?"

"Lying on the floor. It's not fair if I get the bed and you don't."

Luke kissed my cheek. I wanted to get mad but I forgot how warm his kisses were. About an hour later, Jai yelled us down for pizza. Luke turned off the tv and I followed him downstairs. Jai put the pizza on the plates and went to watch soccer. Luke and I sat together on the floor and joined Jai.

About 2 hours later, we were laughing our butts off watching 'Last Comedian Standing'. We watched it till about midnight and Jai went to bed. Luke and I went back upstairs and watched a movie. Luke fell asleep and so did I. I felt Luke hop into bed with me. He wrapped his arms around me but I didn't mind. I heard him say 'I love you' and went to sleep.