Scene 1: A Lonely Sight

*The Man in Chair is sitting on his leather bound chair next to some musical records on a small drawer with a pill bottle and a CATS mug. To his left is a beige lamp with a shag carpet underneath. He sits there, quietly looking off to the distance when the Super walks out from behind the curtains with a small stool that she sits on next to the Man in Chair, who does not move. The Super stares at the Man in Chair for a second, then addresses the audience*

Super: You might think this guy is a bit bonkers for not paying attention to you, but I promise he's not as bad as he looks. *Scootches closer* You see, this man is the most interesting person in the play. Some of you might hate him, some of you might like him, and some of you might want a refund by the end of this. Trust me, if there's any life to this story, it's coming from him. For introductions sake, I am the Super, also known as the Janitor but that's not politically correct anymore so Super it is! I never got why it was changed to Super, I'm no super hero. In fact, I'm the most unheroic person in this story, but you shouldn't tell that to him, he'll say otherwise. Secretly, the power is going to go out all around the neighborhood but, in about twenty seconds, this guy is going to recognize you guys in the audience and start the story, or at least try, which I hope you all enjoy in five, *Starts to back away with the stool* four, three, two *Super is covered by the curtain with her hand only sticking out* ONE!

Man in Chair: *Looks at audience* Why hello there. I'm guessing your back for another one of the famous tales on Broadway, hm? Well, I just watched the most fabulous of plays with such intricate scenery and beautiful costume designs. The captivating story of different cultures colliding. I said I was going to do this in my last interaction with you all, so this should be enjoyable *he goes to play his records* we start in Shanghai where- *The lights go out* gahh!

*The whole stage goes to black and a sharp knock happens next to the Man in Chair*

Super: Is anyone in there?

Man in Chair: Just a moment! *Opens door*

Super: Why hey there sir! Sorry for the inconvenience again... there was a whole power surge going through the town, knocked out everyone's lights! I went to you first to fix it since I knew you like your records.

Man in Chair: Well that was... really kind of you.

Super: Don't mention it.

*The Super goes over to the box and fiddles around*

Super: So what's the new show about?

Man in Chair: *looks up from reading his records* oh, well you wouldn't know it.

Super: Try me

Man in Chair: The Enchanted Nightingale?

Super: You have the soundtrack for The Enchanted Nightingale? *squeals* staring Beatrice Stockwell and Roman Bartelli? Mr. Bartelli's acting is the best! His accents are a bit... racist... but they always fit well and felt sort of authentic! I was going to bring the wife there today, but then I was called in. She didn't like that, so I offered her a nice dinner tonight.

Man in Chair: Well lucky you...

Super: Hmm... well it seems the circuts are fried. I can replace them, but I need to go to the store to get the right supplies. I hope this is the only one that's like this.

Man in Chair: Will it take long? *Starts to take out some candles and begins lighting them*

Super: Just under an hour, but you know... It can become very boring in a dark house, would you like to assist me?

Man in Chair: *Is reaching over his records but stops at that line and looks at his vinyls, then looks at her* No, I would not.

Super: Why not? It's a nice night here. No rain, city lights, the constant honking of taxi drivers-

Man in Chair: I would rather sit here and wait for the lights to come back on.

Super: But you'll be waiting for a pretty long time.

Man in Chair: I don't mind. Anyways, It's not like we're close, why should you care?

Super: It could get boring, all alone up here, plus we need an excuse to show off the cast.

Man in Chair: What was that?

Super: And going means we can get the job done quicker, meaning less waiting around for your music to start.

Man in Chair: I swear, if you start to sing on me-

Super: then we can talk about the theatre along the way and maybe even become friends!

Man in Chair: Leave.

Super:*Pause* what was that?

Man in Chair: Just leave and don't come back until you can fix this.

Super: *Looks a bit hurt* I just wanted so give you some company *leave behind*

*The man in chair is covered by a black curtain as it transitions into the next scene*

Sorry this one seemed a bit rushed. Setting up the tone for the next scene. I hope you guys enjoy this.