Chapter 13: Beach Party

Hailey's POV*

It was sunrise and I was tacking up Acorn to perfect a killer jump combo. I led him to the arena and set up the jumps to their appropriate level for the Junior Nationals. When I was done, I saw Alex, Gaby, and Callum make their way to the grass arena. I jumped the fence and met up with them. "Hey guys." I said as I rode up to them, Pin right behind me.

"Nice horses." Pin said to Callum as he rode up to us. I just realized that Callum was holding the reins of two different horses, none of them were his. One was a dark bay Irish Sport Horse and the other was a dapple grey Oldenburg.

  One was a dark bay Irish Sport Horse and the other was a dapple grey Oldenburg

                      Dapple Grey Oldenburg  (Mercury) 

"This is Jet and Mercury. I thought you two could try them out for the day. If you guys get along, he's yours. For Nationals. " Callum told us as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You want us to ride different horses?" I asked in disbelief.

"Jet's an Irish Sport Horse and Mercury's an Oldenburg. Great matches for your skill sets. They are horses you can win on. Pure strength and muscle." Alex told us as I looked at Pin and he looked at me.

"Thanks, but I've got Elvis." Pin said, petting Elvis' neck.

"And I have Acorn." I said, also petting Acorn's neck. Pin and I rode off, but I could hear someone following us. "I can't believe they want us to ride different horses. I won the Olympics on Acorn. There's no way I'm riding a different horse." I fumed as Pin listen to me ramble on. Pin and I rode to Pin's house. We dismounted and tied off our horses as we walked into Pin's house with Gaby behind us. We walked into the attic, where Pin stays.

"Having a spring cleaning?" Gaby asked as Pin and I put everything he had from Bright Fields in a box.

"I don't need it now that I'm not with Bright Fields." Pin told Gaby as he put something in the box then went to pick up something else.

"So you got your money back." Gaby said, picking up the radio that Zoe got for him to help with the sick Moore pony. "What you gonna do with it?" Gaby asked him as she put it in the box.

"Paid my family's debts." Pin told her.

"That's...noble and boring." Gaby said, leaning against the table.

"Can't be free with that hanging over you." Pin said as he was gathering some more stuff.

"Well, somebody got into the academy." Gaby said, holding the acceptance letter to Hamilton Academy.

"Give that to me." Pin said, reaching quickly for it, but I pulled it out of her hands first.

"Dear Mr. Hawthorne, I'm please to tell you that you have been accepted to Hamilton Riding School." I read off the paper as I looked at Pin, but he didn't look at me. "Pin, why didn't you tell me you got in?" I asked him.