Chapter 14: Sweet 16

Hailey's POV*

"Hey Acorn!" I said as I walked into the stables. I rubbed Acorn's nose as I tacked him up. I rose him to the beach to watch the sunrise. It was around 8 when Callum called me. "What do you want Callum." I said as I glared at the sunset in front of me.

"Easy. I'm not calling to start trouble. The team needs you back at Holloway." Callum told me over the phone.

I sighed as I looked at Acorn. "I'll be back in about 15 minutes." I said as I hung up my phone and mounted Acorn and rode back to Holloway, over the ridge. I gave Acorn a sugar cube as I handed him over to the grooms and I walked into the riders lounge.

"Happy birthday!" Alex, Callum, and Gaby yelled as Gaby hugged me.

"Thank you!" I said, hugging them all. "Gaby, where's Pin?" I asked her, looking around. Gaby looked around too.

"I...don't know. He was here." Gaby said as we looked around.

"So, how does it feel? The big 1-6?" Alex asked me.

"Complicated. But I think I'm figuring it out." I told him as he nodded.

"I know you're not my biggest fan right now, but, happy birthday." Callum said, handing me a box. I took it from him and I opened it, revealing a white leather halter with brass clips.  

Acorn's New Halter

Acorn's New Halter

I looked at Callum and I hugged him. Thank you." I said when I let go, looking at the halter. "How'd you know I wanted this?" I asked him as he looked at Gaby.

"I told him. You told me about the halter and I told Callum who bought it for you for your birthday." Gaby told me and I nodded slowly.

"Well, thank you Callum. I'll put this to good use." I said as I put the halter back in the box and closed it. "Well, I have to go. I promised Mia and Jade I'd help them with something." I said as I began to walk towards the door.

"Bright Fields?" Gaby questioned me.

"Yea. Is that a problem?" I asked, giving them a face that said 'don't mess with me'. They all shook their heads as I smiled and walked off. I quickly tacked up Acorn in his new western tack.