Just a day in the Park

| A Reed-60 and RK1700 story . . . |

{3,311 words calculated}

A blaze of a warm, happy sun beamed down on the vegetation that laid still in Detroit.

The two couples peacefully walked the paths of the park, which led to many different and unique places to admire and explore.

Connor and Nines' hands were intertwining with one another, their synthetic skin peeled back as a sign that they were comfortable being in public with each other- after all the war between androids and humans was long over; perhaps a few (six to be exact) months maybe? Who knows really, no on really dwelled on the past.

Next to the RK pair were Gavin Reed and RK800 -60. The two awkwardly walked next to each other, not making eye contact nor even attempting to bring their gazes up to acknowledge one another. It was Ying and Yang, a pair who were madly in love with each other, and the other, couldn't be more socially (awkward) driven apart.

The faster, stronger, more resilient model's attention turned away from his RK800 and to the other, -60, his hand leaving Connor's slowly.

Before he could speak, he felt soft fingers gently turn his face back down to the smaller android.

RK900 couldn't help but let a soft smile spread across his lips,

“Connor...” he almost hummed, a soft sigh- followed by a light chuckle that escaped Nines' mouth.

Connor smiled, his hand grazing his RK900's cheek, admiring every little detail Cyberlife gave him.

“Bleh! Barf in my mouth” Gavin gagged, pretending to throw up, a deep glare being thrown at the two lovestruck humanoids.

“Have you two forgotten that we are here too?” grunted -60, giving a small eye roll for a bit of dramatic flare.

Reed's posture slumped even more than before, slouching as he walked, looking as miserable as ever.

Nines glared at the ignorant pair, his LED softly spiralling into a yellow hue.

Connor's remained blue, only a touch of yellow being added into the ring of light on his right temple.

“Sorry Gavin, -60...” mumbled Connor, his eyes trailing off to look away.

Nines just grumbled and snapped his gaze away, nudging Connor to move away from the other two.

Gavin huffed,

“No need to be all snippy, Tincan No.3” he growled, pulling out a box of cigarettes from his pocket.

With a quick reaction to Gavin, the RK900 reached for his gun that he carried in his inner jacket pocket, aiming it at the irrational detective.

“The Detroit Local Park does not permit smoking, put those a-”

“Jesus christ, cool your dick. I'm putting them away” Gavin sneered, his hands up in the air before shoving the small box back into his pocket.

-60 raised a brow, a small frown of almost annoyance appeared across his lips.

“...Why can't he just light one?” -60 inquired, an attitude just begging to be challenged could be heard clearly in his tone.

Nines blinked a few times, before aiming his gun at the RK800.

Connor didn't move from where he was standing, he just simply stayed quiet and fumbled with his fingers.

“Because it is against the law and he should know that. Do not try to defend an act of crime-”