Chapter 14: You're Calling Jane!

"Uhh, you're calling Jane." Darcy says while tossing a cellular device onto my lap. Currently, we are driving to what Darcy calls, a hospital, with my god of thunder in the back. Whom is unconscious. While we were pulling Thor into the back, you wouldn't believe how tempted I was to kiss his face. But that would've been weird for Darcy and she would call me crazy, as she always does.

"Why do I have to do it!?" I whine, keeping my eyes on the road before me. I look to her for a second and she shrugs in response. I groan and slump back, this is going to be difficult to explain. "What do I say? Jane's gonna be so pissed."

Darcy holds up her hand to her ear, imitating a cellular device. "Hiya Jane, Lilah here. Uhm, can you come to the hospital? I hit a dude with the van while driving into a storm like the lunatic I am--"

I playfully push her away. "Belt it!" I laugh.

"I was half serious." Darcy says while sitting up.

"I'll think of what to say." I say nervously. We pull up to the building that has people bustling around outside and inside. I grip the phone in my right hand and look down to it. I frown and bite the inside of my lip, debating if I should call her or not. How do I explain to a scientist that I hit a Norse god with the van?

I decide to dial her number, yes I've learned how to work a cell phone, curtsy of Jane Foster. Darcy sits there and watches, it is surprisingly silent when I call for Jane. I'm pretty sure she isn't going to be happy about this, I haven't even thought of what to say.

My "boss" picks up on the other end. Oh Odin she is going to have my head for this.

"Darcy? Where are you guys?" Jane asks, worry clear in her voice. I swallow and stare off into the distance for a few seconds, contemplating what to say.

"H-hi Jane." Is all I can manage. Great Delia, just fantastic.

"Delilah? What happened? Where's Darcy?"

"C-can you guys just . . . Get to the hospital. Something happened and I can't explain it right now." My voice accidentally shakes like if I am frightened. I did not mean to do that, but it already has happened.

"What? What happened? Why are you--"

"Just come to the hospital." I say before hanging up. I throw down the cursed device and look to Darcy, who is silently laughing at me. She then starts to laugh loudly, her laughter booming through the van. I glare at her. "Oh belt it and help me get him inside."

Darcy jumps out, still laughing uncontrollably. Dear Odin, she can be such a handful. Sadly I have to deal with such, almost every damn day. You'd think I would have been driven mad by now, but I haven't.

Yet.

I slide open the backseat door, Darcy and I begin to pull him out. He still weighs a lot, he has always weighed so much with all that muscle. I grunt and drag him along, using as much strength as I could. Maybe if I was still a goddess I would be able to drag him along easier. Also I'm pretty sure Darcy is making me do all the lifting.

"Be careful Delilah--" Darcy starts to say.

Out of no where, a flash of what appears to be lightening, blinds me. I felt something strike in my abdomen, almost like if someone has deeply stabbed me where the scar is. I scream and let go of Thor by accident, leaving Darcy to hold him up. I hold a hand to my head, which is spinning like mad. While my left eye burns horribly. The pain in my stomach and yellow eye is so unbearable that I trip forward and to the ground, then black out.

I felt warm and safe, and it feels like someone is holding me protectively. It's soft underneath me, as if I am laying on a bed. I can hear the chirping of birds, and another person meekly snoring next to me. It takes most of my strength in order to open my eyes.