Chapter 17: Twelve Miles East From Here

[#WATTYS2014

OH LAWD. I NEED TO HURRY.

LAWD]

Barely edited.

also awesome picture on the side for safe travels
____
I hurriedly run out of the nearly empty restaurant and into the blaring sun rays and dry atmosphere. The wind blew against me and dust particles struck upon the side of my face. I wipe away the grim and squint, the sun irritably gleaming and distracting me. My eyes flit around, searching for the god of thunder. Which is nearly impossible since the sun is a weakness I have. It burns my retinas and I passionately hate how this Midgardian star does that to me.

"Thor!" I cry out. I spot him not too far from where I am and I sigh in relief. He would not survive in this horrid town, let alone the scorching, dry plains they title a 'desert'. And the heat, by the gods I have come close to dying from it, and this mortal body is no help to it.

Thor seems to be studying the position of the sun, possibly gauging his bearings or being an idiot, I never know. I run up to him, still shielding away the harmful light. "Where are you going?"

"Twelve miles east from here." Thor informs me. I look up to him and dare to take more steps closer, how I love to admire his beauty. I can even feel his heat radiating off of him, which is uncomfortable since it already is unbearably warm in this town. Nevertheless, I finally have contact with the one whom I wish to spend the rest of my Aesir days with.

"For what reasons?" I ask.
Thor gives me a smile of such kindness that I nearly cried from, it has been so long since I have witnessed such gesture. "To retrieve what is rightfully mine." He answers truthfully with his deep tone. He then continues his strides while I hurry next to him.

"Oh so you own a satellite?" I ponder. What use does he have of a mortal instrument?

"It's not what they say it is." He defends his choices.

"Whatever it is, the government seems to think it is theirs." I inform Thor, but of course he pays little attention to my rambling. "You intend to just walk in there and take it?"

"Yes." He suddenly ceases his walking and turns to me. I almost bump into him but I stop myself in time. "If you take me there now, I'll tell your friends everything they wish to know."

My eyes widen and I feel a spark of hope within my chest. If Thor informs my temporary caretakers about my origins, then they would surely believe what I had said in the past! I have evidence that Asgard does really exists and that I am not the psychotic women they imply.

"Everything?" I repeat, ecstatic about this.
Jane and the rest come scurrying out of the building looming behind us. Quickly they come to my side, Jane then protectively grips my upper arm. I flinch from her touch and I immediately want her to unhand me. But if course, they interject.

"What did you say?" Jane asks eagerly.
"He is willing to tell you everything to wish to know once I take him to where he want to be taken." I inform her. Jane's hazel eyes shimmer with wonder and she glances to Thor, then to me while her eyebrow is risen.

"Really?" Jane breathes.

"All the answers you seek will be yours, once I reclaim Mjolnir." Thor says with seriousness.

Darcy looks to all of us with a befuddled expression. "Myeu-Muh?" She tests out the word. "What's Myeu-Muh?"

"Of course she will--" Jane begins excitedly.

"Jane." Erik says in a warning tone if voice. He places a hand onto her shoulder and pulls her away from me, giving her a grim and distrustful look. "Please, don't let her do this."