I was still very nervous, as this was my first gift for my dearest Fox Girl. I hope she accepts it tho.

Well, what am I thinking? Of course she'll accept it! She loves gifts!

"Well, don't be too overconfident, Hawkodile." I kept saying to myself.

This might be one of the most intense things that I've ever done. I'm not quite sure, but yeah, I think it is.

I flew past some trees with birds chirping loudly on them. Two of them are a couple. They're singing together lovingly and snuggling each other with immense affection.

Oh great, even those feathered little cuties have a better love life than me. What am I to do...

I kept daydreaming as I flew, and I didn't realise that I have already reached the castle.

By the time I gained consciousness, I realised I was standing in front of the castle's front door. I scratched my head as I knocked on it.

I was actually expecting Richard or the Princess to open the door. But, to my surprise-

...it was my darling Fox Girl, standing over there, with bright lights surrounding her, and wind blowing her soft and fluffy fur~

"Hawkodile???"

"OH DEAR ME!!!"

Yup, I spaced out- in front of my crush- AGAIN.

"Hawkodile, are you okay?" She asked me with her angelic, beautiful voice. "I'm very worried..."

"You are? I mean- thanks for caring about me..." I said.

"You're welcome. That's what's friends are for, right?" She asked with a wink.

"Yeah..." I replied with a deep sigh.

"You really need some rest from all that bodyguard training, Hawkodile." She said. "Why don't you come in instead. Well, I do have something to show you."

"Umm... sure!" I replied enthusiastically as I followed her to her lab.

We walked side by side. I kept looking at her as we walked. She looks so beautiful, I can't deny. Well, I think I was a little too attracted to her...

It seems like a long walk as we walked quite slow. I don't know why, though. Maybe Dr. Fox just doesn't want to waste my energy.

That's- pretty nice of her~

Along the way, we chatted for a while and she told me a lot of stuff, like how she got her glasses, and how she started her fondness towards the world of Science.

Wow, she even said that I'm a good listener! Heh heh... thanks, Dr. Fox~

Suddenly, she jumped onto me with a frightened look and an "AHHHH!!!!!"

I looked down and saw a little spider on the floor. I was a little afraid as well, to be honest.

Well, nope! This is my chance to show her that my bodyguard training really pays off- and that I could show her how cool and brave I am! I shall- no... MUST protect my Fox Girl at all costs!

I took a deep breath, picked it up, and placed it in the front yard. By the time I came back, I saw my darling Fox Girl, just standing there, and looking into my eyes with awe.

"Oh, Hawkodile, Thank you so much! You saved my life!" She thanked me as she gave me a big hug.

I couldn't help but blush and hug her back.

"It's my duty to protect anyone at all costs." I said. "No matter the danger!"

"Wow, you're so brave, Hawkodile!" She exclaimed. "Ever since that latest incident with that evil spider, Abigail, I've officially hated spiders."

"Yeah, me too, to be honest." I said.

"Well, you risked your life to save mine- and that's what a hero would do!" She said. "You're my hero, Hawkodile!"

Dr. Fox was overjoyed. She gave me a bigger hug and I blushed even more.

Welp, she didn't see me, and that's good- probably. I'm not ready yet.

"Well, come on, let's not waste time and head to my lab!" said Dr. Fox as she continued leading me to her lab. "You won't regret, I guarantee!"

"Yup, I'm sure I won't!" I seemed to reply with confidence, but my heart was actually beating very VERY fast- at the thought of how she clung onto me while we saw the spider...

Well, no more daydreaming, Hawkodile, there's a surprise waiting for you, and I'm sure it's gonna be big! I wonder what it is... I thought to myself.