Movie Date

"War continues to ravage Europe, but help is on the way." Steve sighed as he watched the reel roll across the screen. He was waiting for Willow in a semi-crowded movie theatre. They were meeting up to watch a cartoon together. Steve kept checking behind him to make sure she hadn't wandered in and not noticed him. Still no sign of her. "Every able bodied young man is lining up to serve his country. " Able bodied. What a sick joke. It shouldn't be about the size or strength of your body. It should be about the strength in your heart and your willingness to go. "Even little Timmy is doing his part. Collecting scrap metal." Steve sighed again. "Nice work Timmy!" The narrator congratulated as a small boy rolled a rubber tire across the screen.

"Who cares!" A man cried out behind Steve. He became rigged at the voice. How could they say something like that? Men were dying over there, fighting a good war and here he was with Steve about to watch some silly cartoon. "Play the movie already!" The voice continued to complain.

"Hey! Mind showing a little respect." Steve said gruffly but also not too loudly. He was agitated. He just hoped this man would stop before he did something completely reckless again.

"Meanwhile, over seas our brave boys are showing the axis powers that the price of freedom is never too high." Steve smiled slightly.

"Let's go, get on with it!" The man continued to shout, Steve ground his teeth and glared at the screen locking his arms to his chest. "Hey just start the cartoon!" This sent Steve over the edge.

"Hey, you wanna shut up?" Steve demanded turning to look at the guy behind him before realizing his mistake. This guy was one of those regulars ole bullies. All beef, no brains, and no compassion. The man glared at him and rose slowly. Steve knew he was in for a terrible fight. One he would loose.

--

"You just don't know when to give up do you?" The man demanded as he punched Steve again in the jaw sending him flying into the trash cans. It's like Steve was hitting rock and he was hitting paper. Steve rubbed his jawline and smirked up at him as the cut on his cheek began to bleed.

"I can do this all day." Steve replied calmly. The guy went in for another swing when someone caught his arm.

"Stop! Stop! What are you doing!" A furious voice demanded. Steve looked at the arm attached to the person and recognized the green dress spotted with flowers. Willow.

"Get out of here lady." The man said roughly pulling away his arm.

"No! I won't let you hurt Steve!" She snapped at him getting between him and Steve.

"Oh god." Steve mumbled glaring at the floor. "Willow." He said roughly. The man roared with laughter.

"You need a women to protect you little runt?" The man snarled at Steve. Steve watched as Willow balled her fists at her sides shook them out then clenched down again, a tell tale sign that Willow was pissed off and about to do something incredibly stupid. Willow punched the man. He snapped back and glared down on them. Steve pushed Willow aside when another hand clamped down on the mans shoulder. Turning, the man was punched again, squarely in the jaw by a familiar man in uniform.

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size." Bucky shouted at the man who was rubbing his jaw, before he scrambled away muttering under his breathe about, "These crazy bunch of people".

"Bucky!" Willow cries out, throwing her arms around his neck. I shouldn't be upset but I am the one bleeding here. Bucky laughs and hugs her tightly, smiling like a fool before he lays eyes on me and let's her go.

"Sometimes I think you like getting punched." Bucky says quietly looking me over before noticing something on the floor. Steve didn't look down fast enough as he was replying to Bucky's comment.

"I had him on the ropes." Steve says. Willow laughs and Bucky quickly scoops up the enlistment form. "Hey!" Steve exclaims trying to grab it back from him so Willow doesn't see, but she's looking around him at the piece of paper, an ever growing frown on her face.

"How many times is this now?" Bucky demands gesturing down to it.

"Twenty-seven." Willow replies immediately. Steve sighs and pushes his hair back.

"Oh you're from Paramus now? You know it's illegal to lie on your enlistment form." Willow sighs and squeezes her eyes shut shaking her head.

"I keep telling him this. He's going to get caught. He's going to go to jail." Willow says quietly looking up at him with wide eyes. "Can you please talk some sense into him!" She cried out glancing at Steve then back up at Bucky who chuckled.

"A man in uniform is going to talk his best friend out of becoming a man in uniform?" Willow blushed and shrugged.

"I just don't want him getting hurt." Willow replied quietly.

"I'm not some kid!" Steve cried out frustrated.

"I know that Steve but Bucky's leaving and I need you here!" Willow shouts back stepping closer to Steve. Bucky looks back and forth between the girl in front of him and his best friend. Something had definitely changed between them. Bucky knew that Steve was in love with her but it sounded like, to him anyways, that Willow had somewhere along the line fallen in love with Steve as well.

Or it could be that she was just worried about her friends. He was leaving and she wouldn't be able to handle it if Steve left as well. The three of them. All the family they have left in the world.

"You got your orders." Steve says quietly. Bucky nods and a bit sarcastically salutes him.

"Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping out for England first thing tomorrow." Bucky drops his hand and Willow gives him a small, sad smile. Bucky wraps his arm around her shoulder lazily and she hugs his waist tightly. Steve grinds his teeth and Bucky notices so he let's go of her. Willow sighs and looks at Steve, taking his hand in her's and murmuring something about how his knuckles will be bruised later. Steve blushes. "Come on you two. My last night! Gotta get you cleaned off Steve." Bucky says nudging him lightly.

"Where are we going?" Willow questions cocking her head.

"The future." Bucky says with a sly smile.