♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₁₀

⚠️ this chapter holds extreme violence and abuse. If you are triggered or not comfortable reading, please skip ⚠️

Jada Pierce

"Keep playin with me Jameel, and I swe-

I was cut off as his forearm was pressed against my neck, my back held up against the wall. The tears welling in my eyes, as I felt the oxygen in my lungs slowly cut off. This muhfucka better loosen his grip!

"Swear what, bitch? I will end your life. Stop testin me, baby." He seethed, his jaw clenching, as more pressure was added. He didn't even care that i was heaving for some air. His eyes were blank, they weren't their normal brown color. "You boutta cry? Where'd all that tough shit go, huh Jada? It's bitches like you that got all the mouth, and need a nigga to fix that." He chuckled bitterly, eyeing me up and down.

A tear slipped from eye as I struggled beneath him. It didn't use to be this way, and there's no excuse for staying. Every time someone tries and escapes from an abusive ass relationship, they get found or reeled back in by what their partner says. Sweet nothings. It's never going to change. I wasn't even hearing him talk as I was trying to get my breathing together. As he loosened his hold from around my neck, he stepped back as his forearm was placed at his side.

"What you gon do, huh? I want you to do sumn Jad—

I spit at him. The muhfucka wanted to taunt me, so that's what I did, followed by a kick to his groin.

I was fed up!

"You sick, twisted, demonic ass man! You're weak, Jameel. Never gon b—

I was cut off with the smack to the face, his punches following after. I didn't have time to react but to take the hits, blood rushing from my nose. My tears mixing in with the metallic taste of blood from my mouth. I tried my best to block his hits, but it was to no avail. I whimpered, laying against the wooden floors, heaving in air to catch my breath.

"All you do is talk shit, bitch." Jameel paused, snatching my head up as he balled a fist of my hair. "This is why I put my damn hands on you. I don't want to, but you be irkin a nigga." He mushed my face into the ground, applying pressure, I could almost feel my jaw crack from it. "FUCK! Jada! You really think I be wantin to? Nah baby, just watch ya fuckin mouth." He stood up, letting go of my hair, and kicking me in the stomach.

I hunched over, the air really knocked out of me this time. I need to leave this damn place, NEOWWW!

I don't know what I'm doing to myself by staying.

I don't wanna die.

Anahi Santiago

Putting the chicken into the oven, I licked over my lips. The house was boutta be filled with the aroma of lemon and herb in a few. To get a good, tender, juicy chicken, marinate that bird for a full day or two, the taste is gon be immaculate. As y'all can see, I'm preparing a small dinner. It's been about two weeks since Cairo and I forgave one another, we've became good friends. It's crazy how much we are alike in some aspects, but it kind of balances out in a way. Nayeli and I have also grew close to their friends. Them niggas is wild, and the girls keep us sane. It's a good mix for the most part.

The ringing of the bell took me out of my thoughts, looking over at the clock it was only 3 in the afternoon. Dinner wasn't supposed to start until another 2 or 3 hours. Shaking my head, I shrugged it off and walked towards the front room, unlocking the front doors, I slowly opened it and looked to see Jada.

"Damn girl, you ear— Jada, what the hell happened? Get in here." I felt my heart break for my friend, seeing the blood on her face, the busted lip and black eye. Gently pulling her inside, she winced, limping as she held onto her stomach. "J, what happened?" I questioned. I was heated, this wasn't no female who did this to her.