Going Home

Towards the ending of the game, you and Frank had been dating since Kasserine and you guys are finally going home. Together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Aiello were following Stiles through the woods. You heard Pierson shouting ahead of you for Daniels and Zussman. Then a gunshot rang out loud in the distance. The three of you sped up and your muscles began to sear from the pain. You guys finally came to a clearing where Daniels sat on the ground holding Zussman. He was giving him water from his canteen and you noticed a dead Nazi on the ground along with 2 other U.S. Soldiers. Zussman was extremely thin and his head had been shaved. He was so dirty you almost didn't notice the bruises that littered his exposed skin and his uniform was ripped and worn out. His dogtags were missing from his neck and his usual bright green eyes had dulled over. Silent tears streamed down your face as Stiles took a photo of your almost dead friend. Aiello pulled on your forearm and held you close to him. Your arms wrapped around him, your back turned to the sight. Aiello squeezed you tighter and a low growl sounded in his throat. You couldn't tell if it was because he was being possessive and protective of you or if it was cause he was feeling hostile. You heard the sounds of Daniels helping a struggling Zussman to his feet and you let go of Aiello, wiping your wet cheeks and helping the boys carry Zussman along.

His skin was deathly pale and Zussman lightly shivered. It was only March and still partly cold so you took off your jacket and wrapped it around Zussman. He thanked you and you nodded, letting out a sharp exhale as the wind nipped at your now exposed arms and neck. Aiello took his jacket off and placed it on your shoulders. You smiled at him and pecked his cheek, going back to helping Zussman. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davis was giving his send-off speech and you stood next to Aiello and Pierson. After Davis was finished and everyone started to break away, the four of you stood in a group. You were saying goodbye to Stiles, faintly aware of the conversation between Aiello and Daniels. Your bag was on the ground as one of your hands played with the fabric of your skirt. Your other hand was held by Aiello's while his other hand was holding onto his pack's strap, keeping it in place over his shoulder. You gave Stiles a hug and turned to Aiello he had just finished his conversation with Daniels. He turned to you and smiled. You hugged Daniels and stepped back smiling sadly to be parting with your friends. "Visit us in New York sometime?" you asked them. They both agreed and Aiello nodded at them. "Gentlemen." He said pulling you along.

As the two of you began to walk away, Aiello held your latched hands into the air. "QUEENS! Your prodigal son returns!" He shouted smirking. You giggled and kissed his knuckles lightly. He smiled at you again, leading you onto the boat that would take you both back to Queens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Aiello finally felt the boat stop after a 5 week trip. Aiello was so excited to be off the boat he practically ran off. As the two of you exited with the other returning soldiers, a large mob of people stood at the New York harbor and cheered for you. They waved American flags and held up big signs. He flagged down a cab for the two of you and it was an hour drive back to where his family lives. The cab finally stopped and as Aiello went to pay the fare, the man declined his money politely. "Thank you for your service to the country." The man said with a smile. Aiello nodded and helped you out of the cab.

He signed contently and wrapped his arm around your waist, leading you up to the apartment building. You guys climbed three flights of stairs and reached apartment 3B. Aiello took his key from his pocket and unlocked the door. As the two of you entered, he held his finger up to his lips so he could surprise his family. You guys dropped your bags by the door and he closed it quietly. You guys took your caps off and left them on the counter. His family was sitting down watching the news in the living room with all their backs turned to you guys. His mother sighed, holding a cloth up to her face, wiping her tears away. A young man who you assumed to be Aiello's brother placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. She sniffled and heaved another great big sigh. "My baby boy." She weeped lightly. "I'm right here ma'." Aiello said from next to you. His entire family had jumped from their seats and was smothering him with hugs and kisses. His sister pulled away from the group and looked at you. "You brought a girl home, Franky?" She asked teasingly. "Hey! I told you never to call me that!" He told her laughing. She chuckled slightly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank's Mother's POV
I watched my three children interact and smiled. The woman Frank brought home was very beautiful. She had long h/c hair and beautiful e/c eyes. He smiled at her and she smiled back at him. He took her hand and kissed her temple. He turned to me and my mother. "Ma', Nonna, this is my girlfriend private y/n l/n." She smiled at me and shook both of our hands. Frank introduced her to Elizabeth and William. "You can call us Lizzie and Will." Liz told her.

I got up to start dinner and y/n continued to talk to the rest of them. I smiled at my son. He was kind and gentle with her. The war had changed him, it was hard on him, that I was sure of, but I also noticed that she made it just a little bit better. I can tell he wants to marry her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your smile never left your face as Aiello's siblings questioned you of your guys' relationship. "When did you guys meet?" Lizzie asked you. "Kasserine Pass. 1943. We started dating about a week after the battle ended." You tell her. William was the next to ask a question. "Who made the first move? 'Cause Frank's always been a little shy..." He commented. This surprised you since you had only ever seen him as confident. "He did actually." You tell him.

You answered questions for another ten minutes before Frank pulled you into his lap. "Ok, ok. Stop interrogating my girl." He said wrapping his arms tight around your waist. They agreed to stop and instead decided to tell you stories of Frank as a kid. Lizzie had the most since she was the oldest. Will only had a little and he was the youngest.

"Alright. Here's a good one." Lizzie says, sitting forward and flattening her dress. "It was before will was born and Frank was like 5. Frank, Ma', and I are all walking through Central Park and Frank sees this couple kissing. He looks at Ma' and says, 'Momma? What's that man doin to that woman?' Ma' stops and looks at the couple. She laughs, I'm smiling and she tries to explain it. She crouches down in front of little Frank and says, 'They're kissing.' Frank looks at her and tilts his head slightly to the side and goes, 'Why?' Ma' laughs again and replies, 'Because they love each other a whole lot.' And Frank looks worried. 'But if the man luvs the woman then why he is tryin to kill her. She needs to breath Momma.' He says with these big brown eyes. I'm dying from laughter and Ma's looking at little Frank smiling. 'You'll understand one day Frank.' Is all she says. Frank didn't let that go til his first kiss in 8th grade." Lizzie said laughing.

Aiello's face is a deep red, challenging his sister's shirt and he buried his head in your back. "Jesus Fucking Christ..." You hear him mutter. Apparently his mother heard him too cause she comes out of the kitchen to scold him. "Frank Aiello! I don't care how many wars you fight or how old you get, don't curse in my house!" She says, placing a hand on her hip. "Yes ma'am." He replies. She nods and informs you that dinner is ready.

Lizzie and Will exit behind his mother and you stand up, helping Frank from his seat. You kiss him lightly and smile, taking both his hands. "We're home. We're finally home." You say. He smiled and kisses you lightly, his forehead resting against yours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And in that moment, she knew singularly and entirely, that wherever he went would be her home. She knew that they were safe and as long as he wrapped her in his arms, as long as he loved her, she would be okay. For he was everything she wanted and everything she never knew she needed."