Chapter 29

Your P.O.V

I wrap my arms round myself while sitting on the garden bench. It was Spring now but still slightly cold and a tiny bit windy, I watched the wind blow off a few petals from a flower.

I sat there for fifteen minutes, holding myself and trying to stop crying. It hurt where he punched my arm, a bruise was left from it. I closed my eyes and started to daydream about happy thoughts to clear my mind and distract myself.

I then hear someone open the back door and walk slowly towards me, I open my eyes a little and see Light standing there. I cower away and hold my hands up in front of me incase he tried to hit me again.

But he didn't, he looked rather sad which made me feel a little guilty. His eyes were a bit watery and pink, his cheeks a little damp, has he been crying? That's the first time he's ever done it around me.

He sat down next to me slowly, then took off his jacket and wrapped it round me instead for warmth. I felt even worse now that he was being kind again, I didn't mean to get him mad about the whole L thing, and I certainly didn't mean to punch him.

"(Y/N)..I'm really sorry,"Light said his voice going wobbly. I didn't reply at first, I was looking down at the grass. "I understand if you hate me, you don't have to forgive me," he said his voice now cracking.

I looked over at him, I think he was trying not to cry. "I'm sorry I didn't think about your suggestion for L. I just don't like him. Whenever he talks to you it drives me crazy...I know I get insanely jealous".

It started raining slightly, his shirt and hair going damp. I sat closer to him, I didn't know what to say at first but I held his hand. "I know you do Light, it's fine. You're human, anyone can feel that way," I said squeezing his hand a little to comfort him.

Light was still looking away, he then said a little quieter,"I'm sorry I take my anger out on you, I'm supposed to keep you safe". It looked like tears were about to fall so I leaned my head on his arm and whispered,"It's okay I forgive you Light".

We stayed quiet for a while, the only sound we could hear was the rain pattering on the patio. Light decided to break the silence and said,"I'm going to rent out a place nearby. (Y/N), will you live with me?".

My eyes twinkled a little and I said,"Of course". He smiled a bit then said,"Come on, let's go back inside, we're going to catch a cold out here".

He led me up to his bedroom, then sat me down on his bed and got out an extra blanket for us to wrap around in. When he took off the jacket he gave me, he gasped when he saw the bruise he made on my arm.

"Oh god, I did that?"he said rubbing it gently so it wouldn't hurt. He kissed my arm while breathing in my scent, I've been using the rose soap he gave me too. "I'm so sorry I did this. Your poor, delicate and smooth skin,"he whispered stroking my arm.

I curled up on his lap, leaning against his chest now feeling safe again. I could feel him rest his chin on my head, I heard him sniff again. We watched a film while cuddled up, I eventually fell asleep halfway through the film, just before I dozed off I felt Light kiss my cheek.