Ch. 1 • How it All Began

This'll probably be a really boring chapter because it's the first. Hang in there. c:

WARNING

As this story involves Katsuki, there's a lot of profanity headed your way.

WORD COUNT

2622

And most importantly, don't forget to vote, comment, and enjoy the book! ^^

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I woke up this morning, disturbed upon hearing my alarm blasting through whatever interesting dream I was having. It blared through my ears, ultimately ruining the dream. Groaning, I reached over and turned it off. I always loved getting up early to train before classes started, but the hardest part was always waking up. I never wanted to leave my bed. Such a fluffy memory foam mattress...

After finding the motivation to get up, I threw on a white T-shirt and black shorts. They were usually the type of clothing I trained in. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand next to my bed before making my way to the kitchen on the second floor. As I was grabbing a water bottle from the refrigerator, I heard footsteps coming toward my direction, stopping behind me. Turning around to see who it was, I smiled upon making eye contact with one of my amazing friends and former classmate, Shouto.

"Good morning, Todoroki!" I beamed at my friend, to which he yawned softly in reply, exchanging the greeting. "Morning, Midoriya." I took notice to him using the back of his hand to gently rub his eyes. He must still be sleepy.

I reached into a cabinet to grab a granola bar while keeping the conversation alive. "Are you training, too? Or are you just getting ready for the day?"

"I'm just getting ready right now. I'll train when I'm not so tired," he responded while stretching his arms above his head. I nodded in understanding, happily munching on my granola bar. Once I finished, I threw the empty wrapper into a nearby trashcan, holding my water bottle and phone in each hand. Before taking my leave, I waved to Todo, who was in the middle of making himself a bowl of Froot Loops. "See you in class!"

"Midoriya, wait." I was about to start walking when he called out to me, making me pause and give him a questioning look.

His expression went from neutral to slightly worried. "You should really start eating more than just a granola bar in the mornings."

Oh! He was worried about me!

I blinked a few times in realization, my smile growing once more, "Alright. I'll start eating more tomorrow." Hearing my reassuring words, he let his own soft smile form, nodding a farewell to my previous statement. I love his smile. Heck, I love everyone's smile!

I made my way down the stairs that lead to the first floor and out the buulding with our dorms, taking in the scenery around me. It was the beginning of October, so the leaves on the trees around me were changing colors and starting to fall. The air was pretty cold and the sky was still black due to the sun still sleeping, crickets being heard from every direction. The stars in the sky still twinkled and gleamed, as if they were smiling back at me, welcoming me with another beautiful morning. It's an honor being able to stand here and watch these stars.

It's a miracle altogether being able to go to U.A.

I went around to the side of the building where I always trained. There were trees connected to a small forest, which I personally thought was cool. There was a stump next to one of the trees, so I placed my water bottle on it and unlocked my phone, setting an alarm for forty-five minutes from now. Afterwards, I placed my phone onto the stump and took a few deep breaths, beginning my training.