Ch. 2 • Trouble

I deeply apologize for the delay! I procrastinated a bit too hard. I'll try not to do that again. ^^'
Please forgive me!
Anyway, without further ado, here's a long-awaited chapter!

WORD COUNT

3358

°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°♥°

You know how I get those times when my feet move on their own? Yeah, that's basically what happened in that moment. As soon as Kacchan yelled at me, a terrified scream tumbled out of my mouth as I bolted. Luckily, the door leading to the hall was still open, so I was able to run without any interruptions.

Well, other than rapid explosions blowing my way. One of them knocked me off balance, so on my way out of the room, I slid into the wall nearby.

I wanted to pause and process what was going on, but with Kacchan headed my way, a fist out to throw a harsh, explosion-filled punch to my solar plexus, I had to move. I dodged just in time, stumbling to the side and continuing to dart. I could hear the sickening crunch of cement being caved in as the walking grenade I admired so much dug his fist into the wall, originally aiming for me.

Oh man, he's going to get in serious trouble! He can't go damaging school property like that!

Running on complete adrenaline, I proceeded to dart down a few flights of stairs, attempting to dodge the explosions following after me. What made things worse was I remembered how I was on the fifth floor.

I was trying to get outside. Anywhere but here.

I glanced behind me, a bit of blood draining from my face once I saw the horrifying sight of Kacchan literally bouncing off the walls, explosions launching him from wall to wall. He roared out multiple curses, but I was too occupied to pay attention to what they were.

He's actually trying to kill me!

Once again trying to reason, I attempted to make him realize what he was doing. "Kacchan, stop! You're damaging the building! You'll get in-"

Long story short, it didn't work. It only angered him further.

Interrupting me, he boasted, "Don't tell me what to do, you piece of shit! I'll end you!!"

I shouldn't be running. I have a quirk too, but I only ran because I didn't want to get in trouble for damaging stuff. If Kacchan didn't take that to consideration, then that's something I have no control over.

On my way to the third floor, I wasn't fast enough for a few of the explosions. One of them blasted my right ankle causing me to trip and hiss in pain.

It hurt. A lot.

It shot a searing sting through my entire foot. Unfortunately, when I was hit, I was at the top of the second flight of stairs, so I was forced to tumble my way down. During the process, I hit my head, right elbow, and left shoulder. It all hurt really bad, yeah, and I'm pretty sure something wet trickled down my forehead, but when has something that small ever bought me down?

Probably a few years ago when I was still.. well, worthless me.

Though Kacchan charged at me pretty quick, a hand reached out to.. grip my throat? I'm not sure what he was aiming for, but regardless, I knew it was intended to hurt. So I did what came in mind first.