/8/ Fashionista

"We've been in this store for a freaking hour now," Austin wailed, attempting to drag me out.

"Who told you to shop with me? The dance is tomorrow and I need to buy a dress." I snickered.

"I never knew you'd be the type to be obsessed about appearances. How was I supposed to know you would be picky about shopping?"

"I'm not obsessed, I just want to look presentable. But to be honest, I might be taking longer just so you can suffer." I stuck my tongue out facetiously as he groaned.

"What do you think of this dress?" I held up a dark-blue maxi dress with lace sleeves.

"Way too dramatic. It's a Back-to-School Dance, not some Night Gala." He scoffed as I tossed the dress at his face.

"You're the picky one," I mumbled as I skim through the dresses. "How's this then, Mister Fashion Critic?" I held up an ivory sheath dress with my voice coated thick in sarcasm.

"What-- are you going to some sort of wedding with your rival as a bride?" Austin cackled.

"Then what should I choose, smartass?" I tossed another dress in his face as he struggled to put away them neatly.

"In my opinion, a skater dress or flared dress would be appropriate for a Back-to-School Dance." He folded his arms and raised an eyebrow.

"What the hell is that supposed to be?" I shriek, flailing my arms in frustration. How does this kid know more about fashion than I do? I'm such a disappointment to girls.

"I thought you would know." He sneered before he called over the store staff.

"Do you know where the flared or skater dresses are? Or are these the only dresses in stock?"

"The skater or flared dresses are in the far back left corner, next to the accessory stalls." The woman smiled sweetly before disappearing to the back.

"Pfft, even she knows what they are," He fleered as he walked ahead. I guess I failed being a girl because I don't know the fancier terms for certain dresses?

As we got closer to whatever flaw dress or skateboard dress he was taking about, I realized they were those freaking dresses that were up to your knee.

"Austin! These are just freaking knee-length dresses! Did you have to make me sound that stupid?" I threw my hands and turned irritably started to skim the clothes.

"Yes, it's hilarious to make you feel stupid," He laughed and rested his elbow on my shoulder.

"What did I say about skinship?" I hissed and tried to ignore my flushed face.

"Right, sorry?" He backed off and threw his hands up in defense sarcastically.

"What's up with you being so desperate to be close to me?" I eyed him in disgust.

"What's with your blushing, Thracitey?"

I sighed with an irritated frown and went back to looking through the dresses.

"You know it's a casual Back-to-school event? It's not prom, why are you so clung onto bringing me shopping?" I turn back to him, my hands still resting on the hangers.

"Why do you think?" He giggled childishly before continuing. "An excuse to spend more time with you. But hurry it up, we don't have much time before your mom calls you home for dinner."

"Crap, you're right." I said after I checked the time on my phone. "Uh... how about this one? I've been looking for my size but I can't find it." I held up a knee-highed floral-print dress.

"Not bad, actually. I expected your taste to be much worse."

"Thanks," I snarled. "I could say the same about you,"

"You talking about my taste in dresses or girls?"

I ignored him and called the staff over to ask about the sizes. Luckily they had one left in stock that was my size, and I quickly left to the dressing rooms which unfortunately had an extremely long line.

"Ugh, I'll just buy it without trying it on, then." I groaned as he caught up to me.

"What's the rush? You can just text your mom and tell her you'll be home a little late."

"Yeah, you're a genius." I rolled my eyes sarcastically. "I would have done that a long time ago if I didn't have strict parents."

"Yikes, that sucks."

"Tell me about it."

--☆--

"Yeah, so after that I never ate anything with avocados again." I suspired heavily and took another sip of my smoothie, staring out the car window.

"Remind me why we're talking about this again?"

"I dunno." I laugh.

"You know how talkative you are?"

"Yes, of course I do. And do you know how many questions you ask? I feel like I'm in a freaking interview, so don't go on about me being talkative."

"There she is," Austin chuckles. "I was wondering where that normal side of you went."

"Normal side? How was that different to what I was before?"

"You just seemed more normal and friendly, which was odd since you're usually grumpy."

"Grumpy? How would you feel if your entire school hated you since your first year and this weird clingy guy comes out of nowhere? Not to mention my strict parents and my brother."

"Jordan, huh?" His voice started to sound a little less cheery.

"Yeah.. Do you still miss him?"

"Everyday." He whispers.

"Why don't i know who you are then? If you're so close to him,"

"Yeah, I only knew him for two years before he... you know. He helped me a lot through my rough times and probably made the most changes in my life in the best way, so that's probably why he meant so much to me," He paused for a moment, as if he was considering to mention something but I guess he decided not to as we were pulling up in the driveway.

"We're here, I guess."

"Mhm," I nodded and stepped out. "Hey, you're welcome to stay for dinner if you'd like,"

"Who's clingy now? Guess I'm not so bad after all," He smirked, causing me to blush a little. Crap. What's wrong with me.

"Shut up, Austin. Never mind then." I turn to leave and I hear him call out after me.

"Thanks for the offer though Thracitey, but my family is waiting for me too. And I think your face is a little heated, you need some help with that?"

"Didn't I tell you to shut up?" I groan irritably as I walked toward the porch, throwing glimpses.

"Yeah, but the knight in shining armor gets some exceptions sometimes with the princess's orders." He smirked as he leaned on his car.

"Oh really? Why?" I stood at the porch, maintaining eye contact.

"Affairs,"

"Uh.. I don't have a boyfriend?"

"Who ever said the princess was you?" He cackled as he got into his car.

"Pfft, Jerk!" I frown and turn to go inside when I hear him call out from his car window.

"Narcissist!" I flipped him off with the sweetest smile plastered on my face, earning a laugh from him before I went inside.

"Alright, well see you tomorrow night thracitey!" He adds before driving off.