Kiss Me

Copyright © 2012 Eden All rights reserved.

This book or any portion thereof

may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever

without the express written permission of the publisher

except for the use of brief quotations in a book review. 

Any of the plot, characters and places are owned by me,

apart from Ed Sheeran, his friends and family and real places,

that are all owned by their rightful owners.

Prologue

Ed Sheeran

“Three!”

Looking around, I felt my heart sink as I saw all my friends coupled up. I stood alone.

“Two!”

Gazing down at the beer bottle in my hand, I brought it to my mouth taking a swig, before enjoying the feeling of the cool liquid running down my throat.

“One!”

Feeling the lightness wash over me, I was happy. Maybe I could just get drunk to dull the pain.

The pain of being alone on New Year’s Eve.

The pain of being alone among my happy friends.

The pain of accepting that, this year, I wouldn’t be getting a New Year’s kiss.

“Happy New Year!”

As the fireworks went off, I began to think. Weird, huh? How could Ed Sheeran, a worldwide famous singer-songwriter be without a girl? Well, even I didn’t know the answer to that question.

Looking around, I realized that people were still kissing. Feeling jealousy churning in my stomach, I couldn’t remember any of my kisses lasting so long. Even my not-so-good-looking friend Joe got lucky, I thought spitefully.

Sitting on the empty bench on the balcony, I placed my head in my hands. Moments later, a hand clapped my back, before I felt the bench shifting, signalling someone had sat down.

“Hey, mate,” came a familiar voice from above me.

“Hi, Harry,” I sighed, looking up at him through my fingers.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, concern clear on his face.

“Nothing,” I lied.

What was the point of getting him worked up about it? Besides, Styles was a babe-magnet. Literally. I wasn’t even joking; he got young girls, old girls, hot girls, famous girls, you name it. God, even one of my best mates had better luck than me and he was at least three years younger than me. Maybe that was it. Maybe I was just too old.

I groaned, causing Harry to rub my back comfortingly. For some reason, the action didn’t sooth me, and I just felt worse. Knowing I would snap at Haz any minute if he didn’t stop, I said, “I think I saw Caroline earlier…”

“Yeah, I saw her,” Harry replied easily, not giving me the answer I was expecting. “Come on, man. You know we’re over.”

“Oh yeah,” I mumbled, thinking of any other way to get the curly haired boy to leave. Don’t get me wrong. I loved Harry, as a friend obviously, but right at that moment I just wanted to be alone.

“Lou’s over there,” Harry started. “Do you wanna come?”

Knowing he was just saying it to be polite, I declined with a shake of the head.

“Well, I better go. Talk to you later, yeah?”

I nodded, smiling up at him. Or what I thought was a smile, but in reality was probably some kind of teeth-baring scowl. He grinned back at me, before running over to Louis.

“Don’t forget to make a New Year’s wish!”

That left me thinking, I hadn’t even made my New Year’s resolutions. I took another mouthful of beer, swallowing it heavily. Starting to feel tipsy, I lay down on the bench, closing my eyes.

What should my New Year’s wish be?

Nothing came to mind.

Thinking back earlier in the evening, I realized there was something I really wanted. So as the fireworks continued to light up the sky, I made a New Year’s wish and resolution, all in one.

This year I was going to find true love.

~

Hey Everyone!

This is the prologue of my new Ed Fan Fic, so please vote, comment etc.

I know there aren't many Ed fan fics on here, so yeah.

Hope you liked it and check out the gif at the side, omg>>

Love y'all,

Eden xoxo