Chapter 4

“Ana! Slow down!” Padme shouted over the bustling noise of Coruscant and the wind whipping in her ears.

                “Why? We’re fine!” Ana said. She wove in and out of waves of speeders and even flipped the speeder a couple times. Padme almost lost her lunch.

                “Ana, seriously!” Ana Kay rolled her eyes.

                “Padme, we are fine!”

                “Look out!” Padme screamed at an oncoming speeder. Ana pulled the handler up and the two went flying over the oncoming speeder.

                “You could have gotten us killed!” Padme complained. Ana and Padme finally arrived at the Docks, where Padme jumped off the speeder and stooped over.

                “I think I’m going to throw up.” She said, holding her mouth. Ana raised her eyebrows.

                “You think that was rough? Wait till you are co-piloting a Fighter with me sometime.”

                “No thank you.” Padme held up her hand. “I will never be caught in such dogfight of sorts.”

                “Dogfights are fun, but entering an enemy hanger and sabotaging their ship, now that’s fun.” Ana laughed.   

                “Isn’t that dangerous?” Padme asked, bewildered at the young one’s stories and justifications of the word ‘fun’.

                “I’ve been through worse.” Ana Kay shrugged. Padme opened her mouth, completely stunned by the Padawan’s answer. “I can tell you about that later, come on we have to go.” Ana said, hurrying through the crates and clones who were guarding the Docks.

                “Excuse me.” A clone said, stopping Padme and pointing their blaster at her. Ana turned and opened her mouth, shocked. “This port is a restricted area.” The clone said sternly.

                “Ana!” Padme shouted.

                “Hey!” Ana Kay said to the trooper. “She’s with me.” She said as she pulled back her cloak, revealing her lightsaber.

                “Master Jedi, my apologies.” Ana smiled and the clone let Padme pass.

                “Master Jedi?” Padme laughed as she walked hurriedly. “Thanks Ana.” Ana smiled and the two newly acquainted friends walked to where the Republic cruiser was docked, awaiting Ana’s and Padme’s orders.