Chapter 2

Authors Note: Sorry for the short chapter but I though I'd leave a bit of a cliffhanger😉

There was a few awkward seconds where we just stared at each other. His clothes were dirty, torn, ripped, he'd obviously been surviving just as long as I have. But the mud on his face didn't take away from the fact that he was strikingly beautiful. There was no denying it. His eyes were the most stunning blue I've ever seen. They were the shade of the darkest part of the ocean. In the right light they could pass as black. His dark hair was cropped perfectly and his jaw could probably cut steel. I didn't snap back to reality until I heard the chants of anger from outside. He may be beautiful, but that doesn't mean he won't attack me.
They were getting closer, I guess you
could say I panicked. Before I could even think the stupid words fell right out of my mouth. "So, are you gonna kill me or just stand there and look pretty?" I wish I could beat the shit out of my brain for saying something that dumb. He looked a bit confused for a second then broke out in laughter. I should probably start running, he might be mentally insane. When he finally spoke his voice sounded like honey, "From the sound of that crowd it's not me you have to worry about." Yeah can you repeat that your face is kind of distracting me. He starts to talk again, "Whose after you?"
"What does it matter to you?"
"It doesn't just curious"
"This isn't a world for curiosity. Haven't you heard, curiosity killed the cat "
"Good thing I'm not a cat then"
I sigh and start to turn the other way, I'm not sure where I'm going to go but he obviously isn't going to help. Just as I start to run he begins to talk again, in that duh tone, "Well"
"Well what"
Honestly is he high right now? I think he might be.
"Are you coming or what?"
"Ummm excuse me?"
"I was going to you know run before we get killed by a crowd of people and was wondering if you wanted to come with me?"
"Probably won't, I don't even know you, you might be a murderer or a killer?"
A smirk spreads across his face before he speaks, "Or both." He laughs a little, making his way towards me. "Ok you want to know who I am before you come with me, that's fair." He comes up to me and holds out his hand. When I don't take it he reaches down, grabs mine and talks again, "I'm Liam Black, nice to meet you."
"June White"
"Ok we're not strangers anymore"
"I still don't trust you"
He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.
I almost faint.
"Alright well I've kind of got to go, you know angry mob and all."
He starts to go the other way when my stupid mouth starts to move again. "Wait"
"What is it now"
"I'm coming with you"
He looks a bit shocked for a minute before he starts to talk again, "Ok, come on th"
Before he can finish his sentence the mob bursts through the door. He does something I never would've expected. He steps in front of me, drops his bat, raises his hands and pushes the mob right out the door.