Chapter 1: Brooklyn

June was finally there.

She stood there looking up at the old building, most people would walk past not thinking much of it, but to June this was the most amazing place on earth. Sure it needed some repairs but it wasn't anything nobody couldn't handle.

She had been waiting for this, since three months ago, after meeting the Manhattan newsies. Though their introduction was....complicated, they still had fun after.

The newsies would often visit now and then to see the kids at the orphanage; sometimes even took them out to see more of Manhattan. Everyone saw each other as family. Though everyone had their favourite newsie.

Starting with James, he looked up to Jack as he was the leader of Manhattan newsies, Alex loved playing cards with Race and learning tricks, Mike had interesting discussions with Davey, Ryan and Rick played pranks with Mike and Ike and Tommy adored hanging out with Specs.

The girls next,

Millie's favourite was Albert who actually was protective over that kid, he would give her piggy backs and everything a brother would do. Daisy now,  when I mean she loved him I mean she LOVED hanging out with Crutchie, some say she had a crush on him.

Now Lavender....she loved talking to the one and only Romeo. The way he flirted and made her laugh, made her the happiest girl ever. Even when June talked to Romeo he made her blush, that boy somehow gets to every girl's heart.

Alex on the other hand was getting a bit annoyed by this, Romeo, kid "He's just gonna flirt with ya then move along to the next girl" he would say "I can't believe you actually like him"

It wasn't only Alex acting funny, James did as well, every time Romeo was around. He would put an arm around June more or make jokes to make her laugh so much it's hard to breathe.

Though those thoughts were gone, when Spot told her the day they were going to go to Brooklyn. She never been to Brooklyn since she was 8..before you know. Her parents disappearing.

The younger kids at the orphanage were not that happy the older ones got to go. Seeing that they were stuck there.

"Don't go! Ryan and Rick will bully me and I'll have no one to protect me!" Daisy cried holding James leg. Though Miss Crawford explained to them that they wouldn't have enough room for them all, also the older ones were leaving so it was kinda like an experience.

The days before June was wondering what it would be like going back. Would they didn't things differently? Would his newsies like him? Would his girlfriend, Isabella like him?

That was another massive thing she found out about her brother  in Manhattan....he had a girlfriend! Let's say June wasn't actually happy finding out he wasn't planning on telling her.

Though she forgave him and was more excited to meet her now. All she knew was her name was Isabella, she's from Brooklyn and she's sweet, according to Spot.

"I promise you'll love her she can't wait to meet you, you know"

June would smile at his encouragement but she worried she would mess the whole thing up.

She looked down at the cane she was holding, she laughed remembering when the newsies thought a mean scab took it off of Spot. She then turned to her friends though James, Lavender, Mike and Alex  were looking at the building with nervous faces as well, before turning to her.

"Ready?" June's brother, Spot, stood next to her.

"Always!"

Ok so I don't know how long this book will be (probably short) but the next book will be much better 😅