Chapter 1: The Revelation

[Playing Final Fantasy XV Episode Prompto OST: Prompto's Feelings/The Fire Within...]

<3rd Person's POV>

JOHN: Sera, I'm sorry.

He can clearly remember it. The memory is still fresh in his mind. The confession. Those 3 words. They clearly express how sorry he really is. It felt like it just happened a while ago.

SERA: (tears falling from her eyes) John, you liar! How could you do this to me?! You BETRAYED me!!

He can clearly remember the hurt & betrayal expression befalling on her face. He really didn't mean to hurt her like that.

JOHN: (guilt & hurt) I'm really sorry, Sera. For keeping this from you. (tears falling down his face) I never wanted to hurt you---

SLAP!

The stinging sensation from when she slapped him, he can still remember how it felt. Even though he can't feel it any longer. She was clearly angry---no. Furious w/ him. All her hopes are now crushed. By a single. Lie.

SERA: You said that we'll be cripples together! It's all nothing but crap!! I thought that you were a cripple, & I admire you for being strong everyday despite the odds against you. It was all nothing but a SINGLE LIE!!! And you made me look like a fool!!!

JOHN: (trying to reach out to her) Sera, let me explai---

SERA: (slapping his hand away) You know what?! I don't want to hear your reasoning! I don't want to see your face EVER AGAIN!!!

After that, Sera ran away from him. Shock, hurt, & most of all, guilt are clearly evident on his face.

JOHN: (trying to run to her) Sera, wait! Please, let me explai--- (clutching his chest) Ugh! (falling on his knees)

He tried running towards her but for some reason, his chest aches really bad. So bad that his body feels like on fire.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

JOHN: (confused) Are (Huh)? What is that sound?

His senses are getting stronger. The sound is getting louder. He realize that it was the beeping sound that is making all the noise.

Opening his eyes, his vision is a blur. However, after a minute of adjusting his eyes, he can now see the white ceiling. Looking around the room, he can see white walls around the room. A heart monitor was placed beside him. Realization hit him like a cannon ball hit him on his chest. He is at the hospital.

JOHN: (confused) How on earth did I end up in the hospital? What happe---

Memories came flooding in his head after asking himself.

JOHN: (eyes narrowed) Right. I fainted after having an intense attack. (sadness & guilt overtaken him) Sera...

???: I see you're awake, John.

Wanting to know the source of the voice, he saw a woman in her mid-40s entering the room. She has a natural dark grey hair tied up in a bun w/ her forehead clearly showing, burnt golden eyes, & had a tired look on her face. She is wearing a black sleeveless shirt, black leggings, & black doll shoes w/ a white long lab coat. Just judging from her outfit, you can tell that she's clearly a doctor.