two

"you can sit with us at lunch.." the petite brunette max knew as jane offered with a smile.
"i mean i don't have anywhere else to sit so sure" max smiled politely.

-

max found herself in the cafeteria, sitting with four boys and one smiley girl. of course jane had to be friends with these losers. the boys all poked their food awkwardly until jane excused herself to the bathroom  so that conversation as forced.

"so..you're max right?" a small brunette boy asked. max nodded slowly "can you guys like tell me your names or something? this is getting weird."

a boy with tight brown brunette curls looked at max with wide eyes and suddenly spoke up "im dustin" he had a slight lisp that max thought was cute.

he pointed to the boy next to him who had dark eyes and hair. he looked much less nerdy then the other boys and a lot more serious. max thought he looked intimidating until she mumbled "woah hot". the boy obviously heard and smugly smiled which max thought was very heartwarming. "that's lucas"

next to lucas was a thin boy with a bowl cut. his hair shined looking like he took better care of his hair then she did her own, which most boys didn't. his eyes were large and doe like almost like he was scared. "that's will"

then there was the raven haired boy. he had dark eyes that were somehow still so bright, with light freckles dotting his cheeks making him look sweet and loveable but protective at the same time. "last and probably least mike"

mike rolled his eyes "whatever dustin"

then jane came back with a smile. "so i'm guessing you don't hate each other anymore"

"we never hated her she's just... a girl" will said matter of factly and lucas shot him a puzzled look.

"whatever"  the redhead muttered.

the bell signaling lunch was over rang and the group got up to throw away their trash, in the process, max and jane suddenly collided. max accidentally spilt chocolate milk on herself and the other girl. "oh god i'm so sorry here let's  go get this cleaned"

the pair speed walked to the nearest girls' bathroom, not wanting to be late for their next class. max quickly took a paper towel in her hand and slightly wet it, wiping both of their shirts where the milk had spilt hoping it wouldn't stain.

jane had a clean olive colored sweatshirt around her waist and put it on to cover the milk stained shirt whilst max slightly panicked. she was about to look like a slob on her first day of school. who knows what these pretty girls would think of her, walking around with a chocolate milk stain across her shirt.
"hey. hey. it's okay.. stay calm i have another sweatshirt in my bag, and it'll look great on you"

max exhaled slowly "really you'd do that for me?"

"of course now come on.."

the pair walked towards jane's locker. "i brought two because i wanted to look pretty and i'm never sure which colors make me look good" jane rambled, taking the baby blue sweatshirt out of her backpack. "you shouldn't think like that. i think you would look cute in whatever you wear, i couldn't picture you possibly looking not perfect"

jane blushed and handed over the sweatshirt. max put it on and jane looked a little awestruck "what? does it not go with the hair?" max chuckled nervously.

"no it's perfect, it really brings out your eyes, you look so beautiful"

max just about melted,  a truly beautiful girl had just called her beautiful and not as a pitty comment.

"you really think i'm.. beautiful?"

"i know so. now let's go before we're late" jane giggled and pulled max by her hand along to class.

a/n: max's heart eyes are showing