six

jane followed max up to a big house on the richer side of town. they were only less than a block away and it already reeked of alcohol and smoke. jane coughed a couple of times as they got closer to the house. max tutted and pat her on the back. when jane had focused again they were standing right in front of the house, she looked off at the pairs of drunk teenagers making out in the yard and slightly clung to max's side. "you sure you can handle this?"

jane straightened herself out and took a step away from max "of course i can"  she seemed genuinely confident and max liked this side of her. she continued in front of the taller girl until an even taller masculine boy pushed past her, she stumbled a bit and stared back at where he was headed with such aggression.

"maxine what the hell are you doing here??"
max exhaled loudly, if jane thought she was mad earlier, oh gosh this was much worse. "i fucking told you asshole i can go where i want you aren't in charge of me" max punched the boy in the chest and he slapped her across the face. jane watched, people always told her she was weak because of her size, but in that moment she didn't care what those people said. watching this boy she didn't know hit her friend like that made her head spin with anger. she shoved him to the side like he had done to her before. the boy turned to her and grabbed her wrist "you think you're tough? who even are you?" the tall boy laughed and tightened the grip on her wrist, she slapped his arm, trying to get him to release her hand. all of the sudden max pushed him back as hard as she could and leaned down to punch him in the nose. "do not fucking touch her!"

max's face was red and her eyes were glossy. jane knew that the tears in her eyes were not ones of sadness but ones of anger and frustration. she screamed at the boy, but noticed the screaming caused too much of scene so began to whisper shout insults instead. trying to make the teenagers that were now watching the two fight to go back to their kissing or whatever it is they did.

the boy let go of jane's wrist and held his nose. the brunette rubbed the red mark left on her wrist, she was worried it would bruise. if it bruised she would have to hide it from her dad. if he knew, he would spend hours trying to teach her to 'fight'. "jane are you okay?" she looked back up from her wrist, "of course i am nothing even happened to me" jane focused on max's face "shit max your cheek"  she put her hand on max's chin to move her face as the red head winced "cmon we should go put some ice on that" 

max pushed her hands away "nah, here just let me walk you home" jane looked down and nodded "why won't you let me help you?" max hesitated as though she was looking for the perfect answer "because... i don't need help, i'm fine on my own" jane shook her head and accepted her answer for now.

the girls arrived at jane's house and max waved goodbye, she let jane walk in first before leaving her doorstep. jane had ran up to her room and looked through her blinds hoping to see the girl leave. she immediately ran back down, slightly out of breathe and opened up her door. "MAX!" max, who was now a couple feet away looked back at her with a questioning look "did i forget something?" she raised an eyebrow at the brunette, slowly walking toward her. "where do you think you're going at this time of night?"

max scoffed. "home."  jane frowned she knew max was lying to her "your house is that way" she pointed in the other direction. "i- um- i'm taking a short cut" max looked down "i know there is no short cut that way, now where are you actually going?"  max bit her lip nervously "uh mike's"

jane felt a sting in her chest, she wasn't sure why. "look i just know i can't go home right now, it's not safe and i know i can trust mike like he really cares for me" jane looked down, she felt the sting again, it made her feel like crying but she held whatever it was back "you could stay here"

max nodded "i didn't want to be a burden and i just- i- didn't know what to do" jane held out her hand "cmon dork stop stuttering and come in before you get bitten by bugs"

should i continue this book?

also if there are errors im sorry!!