Chapter 1: Touch And Die

I swayed to the beat of the music,the rhythm pulsing in my head,as my body moved to the beat . The lights flashing overhead ,everywhere around me were people grinding and dancing. Sweat covered their faces,as well as mine , from the hours partying. My clothes clung to my body. More than half the crowd was drunk and stumbling over each other.

The guy that had come up behind me a few minutes ago was dancing with his hands on my waist . His hands touched my stomach pulling me back against his chest, he leaned his head next to mine as we swayed to the rhythm. The music ended and I leaned back against the guys shoulder , panting.

He spun me around so now I was facing him. He was young , maybe a few years older than me. He had messy black hair. He was about a foot taller than me . His muscles rippled as he reached up to move hair from his eyes. I almost turned to muss at the colour of his dark blue eyes, there were flicks of silver around the edges. He was gorgeous. He gave a lopsided grin.

Another song started instantly. He placed his hands on my hips pulling me closer. We danced around,spinning and jumping. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. I was unbalanced and stumbled into his chest.

"You're pretty. What's your name?" He asked. Even though his words were slurred his voice was like velvet.
"Ashlyn," I replied with a smile.
"I'm Dylan,"He stated proudly. Cocky much, I thought rolling my eyes. He leaned down close our noses almost touching . My head was clouded with all the alcohol, part of me knew I should pull away, but I didn't. His mouth inches from mine. His breath tickled my lips.

"Ash!" Nancy yelled over the music . I junked way from the guy almost falling over. He wrapped his arm around me and held steady . I looked up as Nancy made her way to my side.

"We got to go. It's late," She told me. She was completely sober. She didn't like drinking, so she was the designated driver tonight.
I opened my moth to protest but I knew she was my only way home. I shut my mouth frowning. I looked at Dylan a moment and then started to go with Nancy'
He grabbed my hand. "Wait".
I turned back to look at him. He as staring intently after me. "Will see you again?"
"I... uhhh..." I couldn't seem to get the word out of my mouth.
"Maybe " Nancy told him for me then took my hand and we exited to club quickly. I turned to see him. He was still standings on the dance floor watching me walk away.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

The buzzing , annoying ring of my cell phone alarm pierced the dead silence of my bedroom. I lifted my head up and reached under my pillow silencing the awful noise.
Groaning, I held my head. As much as I didn't want to get up I had to .
Note to self: Don't let Nancy talk me into going's out the day before first semester.
I pulled the blankets back and counted three before grabbing the edge of the bed and pulling myself up.

My throat ached and my stomach felt like Washington machine. It was twisting and turning. I felt like I was going to be sick. I took a deep breathe and placed my feet on the soft carpet. Grudgingly, I padded to my bathroom. Turning on the water in the shower, I waited for it to warm and stripped off my clothes from last night.
The warm water was relaxing and helped wash away the uneasy feeling in my stomach. I lingered a little longer, and then hopped out. I dried my body, then wrapped a towel around me and made my way back to my bedroom
I opened my closet and scanned for something to wear. I ended up with a pair of skinny black jeans and a long blue top with silver swirls on it. Once I changed I went back , blow dried my hair and added a light amounts of makeup.
My curly red hair cascade down my shoulders and my bangs were brushed to the right side of my face . Bright green eyes stared back at me from the pale face in the mirror. It didn't matter how much I go out in the sun I always come up burnt and never tanned . I was doomed to stay paper white the rest of my life.
Checking my phone I still had a little over an hour before my first class. Opening my bedroom door I headed out into my small living room. It was simple. A small love seat , a chair and an entertainment center was all I had for now.
Being a college student , means you always broke. I grabbed a breakfast bar and some medicine for the headache that was about to split my head in two. I munched on my cereal bar while I gathered up my note book and pen shoving it in my purse.
Grabbing my keys and scarfing down the last bite I opened my door. I shoved my headphones in my ears and cranked up my IPod, the headed off to the college down the street.
It was a fifteen minute walk. This is extremely long, but is so worth it with the price reduced apartment I found. With my dad gone and my mom a raging alcoholic,there's no chance of any kind of extra support.