Chapter 5:Very Motherly...

°°°°°°
It was chilly outside as I made my way to school. Nancy hadn't even realized I had been missing last night. She got over Dylan pretty quick and moved on to some other guy. I had yet to tell her about what happened. A part of me wanted to but another part told me it probably wasn't a good idea.

Dylan had said if anyone got involved things could be bad. For no only him but us as well, and I don't want Dylan to get in trouble. As crazy as that sounds. Nancy really didn't need to get involved in whatever the hell is going on. I don't even want to be involved. Why did I have to be so curious? I could have got in a lot of trouble.

              Grumbling to myself I made my way to the Cafe in Harmon hall. I need my coffee. As I stepped into the Cafe the smell of roasted coffee hit me. I inhaled happily. I gave the Cafe a once over and found Dylan , or should I say Mr. Wolfe, sitting in the corner.

He looked up to see who entered and his eyes met mine. I looked away quickly and went to the counter and ordered my Cafe Mocha. The girl made it quickly and handed it to me. I took my first sip. Yum! I headed over to a table as far away from Dylan as possible. Plopping down in a chair I pulled out my book and started reading.

              "Good morning, Miss Fox," Dylan greeted in a professional manner. I just nodded. "I was wondering if I could have a word with you about what we talked about yesterday."

He gave a polite smile but I could see in his eyes that he wanted to make sure I hadn’t told anyone about last night.

              "I'm sorry I don't recall having any conversation with you sir," I told him in and innocent voice. He looked at me a moment.

              "Oh, perhaps it was someone else. I'm very sorry to bother you," he frowned at me and exited the Cafe. I sat there a few more moments. I just want to forget last night even happened. I don't want to know what's going on or have any part of it. I would have to face him sooner or later.

              My first two classes went by quickly today. I was anxious about having Dylan in class today. It was still a bit cold out. I wrapped my jacket tighter to my body as I trudged across the court yard to the English building. At least he won't talk to me with other students in class. Hesitating a moment, I opened the classroom door and stepped in. Dylan stood at the front of the room with a few people around his desk. They looked up as I opened the door. I recognized them as a few of the guys from last night.

              "Ashlyn, I'm glad you’re early, we need to talk," Dylan told me stepping around his desk.

              "Actually, I just remembered I have somewhere else to be," I told him and turned on my heels to leave.

              "Stop!" He ordered in a hard voice. I froze cursing at myself. I could just open the door and run. The door opened before me and students stared to enter. I stepped out of there way and glanced back at Dylan. He gave a forced smile at the students.

I turned walking past him and his friends to my desk. The nice guy from last night smiled at me shaking his head. I slide into my seat and faced the front giving a polite smile. Dylan didn't look pleased at all. The guys clustered around his desk said goodbye and left. The guy who had smiled at me waved as he exited the room.

              Class drug by and Dylan's mood changed slowly. He was back to his happy self. When the end of class came he smiled sweetly at everyone.

              "That will be all for today," He told us. Everyone stood and stretched then started heading for the door. I shoved my stuff in my bag and jumped up to follow them.