The story 2.

Waking up by 12:30am,Chiamaka started her house work.

She started by cleaning the unused room and the kitchen.

She made breakfast and lunch in between her chores and she occasionally looked at her sisters as they got ready,dabbing on powder and making the flashiest makeup ever.

By the time the twins and her stepmother were ready to leave by 4.00pm,she was done with everywhere in the house except her stepmother and sisters room.

She rushed to get it done and finished at 6.00pm.She rushed to her room and slipped out of her clothes. After taking a shower and putting on her underwears, she slipped on her body fitted black knee length gown with multicolored ankara ribbon resting on her stomach.

She brought out her old comb and combed her natural human hair. Realizing there was nothing to do with her hair, she looked through her sewing materials and was lucky to get a black elastic material.

She cut it in shape of a tiny band and used it to pack her hair.She walled to Adaego's makeup table and made her face before she slipped on her shoe and left the house.

Chiamaka arrived at the party by 7:00pm and the party was already in full swing.

Walking in, she sighted the twins fussing over whom she knew would be the prince while she just shook her head and went to greet her stepmother whom was taken aback by seeing her there and by how beautiful she was looking.

"If they born you well, don't leave here by 10.00pm. I am going to kill you with my bare hands. "she said glaring at her because she knew Chiamaka was going to receive lots of attention that night.

Chiamaka walked to the makeshift bar and ordered for a coke.

She drank her cold coke as she nodded her head along to simi's song "Aimasiko."that was playing until someone joined her.

"Hello." He said as she looked up at the guy beside her. It took her a while before she realized he was the guy she saw earlier with the twins.

"Hi."she said.

"How are you doing,My name is Prince Emeka but I am sure you know that."He said smiling at her.

"Ooh, hello prince.i am very well. Thank you."she replied.

"Do you mind dancing with me."he asked just as the dj changed the song to "smile for me." by simi.

"No, I don't think that will be a good idea."she hesitated because she knew her step sister and mother were going to kill her if they saw her dancing with the prince.

"Come on, don't reject me. Let's go."he said smiling at her,dazzled she nodded her head.

She started swaying with the prince to the music,he held her by her waist with both arms around her and she also placed one hand on his waist and the other on his shoulder.

She was so engrossed with dancing with the prince that she forgot her stepmother's warning, all of a sudden she sighted the clock and it was 10 minutes past 10pm.

She ran out of the prince arms and rushed to the door as she rushed to leave but unfortunately one of her shoes got stuck in the hole of one of the designed floorboards.

"Shit."she cursed silently as she tried to remove her shoe but it just remained stuck so she unbuckled it and ran off limping on one leg just as the prince got to the spot.

She removed the other shoe outside and ran home while the prince looked for her but was unable to find her because he didn't know the way she went so he went back in and picked up the shoe.

You could see the amazement in his eyes as he stared at the shoe.