REGRETS

Ishita and Simmi come in the parking of Shagun's building. Ishita is standing numb. Simmi remembers that her phone fell in Shagun's house. She goes up to get it leaving Ishita alone. Ishita goes out of the building and starts walking aimlessly on the road. When Simmi returns, she starts searching for Ishita. Finding her nowhere, she again goes to Shagun's place.

S: Bhai, Ishita upar aai kya?

R: Nahi toh! Kahan hai woh?

S: Woh neeche nahi hain. I thought main lift se neeche gayi, shayad woh stairs se aayi ho.

R: Nahi Simmi woh yahan nahi aayi. Parking mein hi hogi kahin. Chalo dekhte hain.

Raman, Simmi, Shagun and Manoj come down to find Ishita. Raman asks the watchman who tells him that he saw her going out. They start walking on the road looking for her when a man comes out of a wine shop.

Man: Are ye kaun aurat thi re... Itni expensive bottle utha le gayi. Pay bhi nahi kiya. Aise lag rahi thi jaise zindagi se pareshaan hoke pee rahi hain.

Raman overhears it and goes to that man. He shows her Ishita's picture and confirming the worst, that man recognizes her. In a haste, Raman pays that man and starts walking on the way that man showed. Then they saw silhouette of a woman almost dragging herself  with an alcohol bottle in her hand. Raman shout her name but she doesn't look back. Just then, a car in full speed was coming from the opposite direction and in no time Ishita flew up in the air and fell back in a pool of blood. Raman was shocked would be an understatement. He ran to her only to find blood oozing from her head, glass pieces pricking her hand and she lying unconscious. He picked her up in his arms while Manoj brought his car.

(In the car)

R: Ishita please utho. I know you are very angry with me. But please mujhe itni badi saja mat do. Please uth yaar madrasan please, please, please.  (He was crying uncontrollably resting her head in his arms and his forehead on hers. He tied his hanky on her head to control the bleeding and was continuously trying to get wake her up.)

When they reached the hospital, Ishita was taken to the O.T. and the Bhalla and Iyyer family reached there. Simmi narrated the whole incident. Mrs. Bhalla proceeded to Raman and as Raman was about to speak something, he almost fell down with one tight slap from his mother. His whole family was looking at him accusingly. He stood with his head hung low with shameful eyes. He just folded hands in front of them mouthing a sorry. 

Just then the doctor came out. Raman rushed to him and impatiently inquired about Ishita's health.

R: Doctor, how is Ishita now?

D: The operation is successful. But...

R: But kya doctor? Boliye na.

D: Unhe serious head injury hui hain. Blood loss bhi bohot hua hain. We need to keep her under observation for the next 24 hours. Agar unhe utne mein hosh nahi aaya toh...

R: Toh kya?

D: Agar unhe hosh nahi aaya toh she might slip into coma. Please count your blessings. We are trying our best.

Raman and the whole family is shivering due to the fear of losing their dear Ishita.