Chapter one: New case and old news

Seeing your ex is a little odd in its self, but when you work with your ex its a living nightmare. I may sound like I'm exaggerating, but trust me... I'm not. We had just broken up last weekend, me and John... We hadn't even thought about work it had happened so fast. But now, we had thought about it, A LOT. We shared an awkward silence in the office we shared our two desks about 40 or 50 feet across from each other in the Finally, John got up and shut the curtain he had placed between us "John! Come on if we want to keep this job we have to get along" I protested "Were PARTNERS, we work TOGETHER" 

  A few long moments of silence followed before he replied "You know we can't do that, Lia" that I could not argue with, not at this moment... Not now... I really had no idea what was to come, but I knew we had to make it work one way or another. 

    "Come on just TRY," I said against my better judgment. I knew it was a bad idea, a really bad idea... But in my mind, it was my ONLY idea... So here I am. "Please?" I asked, "With sugar on top?"

John threw the curtain open and looked me in the eye. "Try?" he asked walking over and putting his palms on my desk.

"Try," I repeated, in a mocking voice.  I was really trying to make him mad, which wouldn't be that difficult from personal experience... 

He quickly turned around and shook his head "Try" he repeated. 

 At this point, I was getting annoyed "Can we just get to work?" I asked opening a file. "Murder," I said calmly. "Jane watts, 24, downtown." I explained "Any other information and you'll have to do ACTUAL work" I was sure that would get him mad...

 John scoffed before grabbing his jacket "And the crime scene is where?" 

I read off an address and stood up "let's go... Partner" 

    We drove to the crime scene, which was unsurprisingly off into the woods. Before we could go in, we had to put on scrubs so we wouldn't contaminate the scene. When we were done putting on the scrubs, we walked into the crime scene and looked around the area. There was Jane Watts body propped against a tree, livor mortis seemed to have kicked in, so the body was at least 2 or so hours old, from this you could also tell it had been flipped over. One of the hands were missing, a trophy perhaps? I stooped down near the body carefully and looked at here the hand should have been "What do you make of this?" I asked my partner, who peered over my shoulder quietly turned around and smiled slyly. "Are you scared John?" 

  He shook his head "Me? No! Not at all." 

   I chuckled before standing back up "Stop being lazy and get to work." I joked. I began to snap crime scene photos, attempting to avoid getting the M.E. or the forensics team in the shots. 

    Later when we made it back to the office, the body made it to the autopsy, and the evidence to the lab, we got a break... A short one, but a break.  John looked over at me and I looked at him, right in the eyes... I forgot how deep those eyes were, and I think he was thinking the same thing... 

 He muttered something, so quietly I could not hear. "Hmm?" I asked which kind of scared him as if he had not meant to say it. 

  "I was just remembering how beautiful you were" He trailed off and attempted to change the subject. "What do you want for lunch?" 

 I played along. "Pizza?" I asked, tilting my head slightly. He nodded, picked up the phone and ordered a pizza.

 (A/N: First chapters done~! This was a short one compared to what I wanted to do but that's okay I guess... Not the BEST at grammar but I consider myself to be... okay anywayy~ I'll put out another chapter tomorrow or later today- feel free to comment ideas and I'll give you credit!)