2

"Go put these in the attic for me

"Go put these in the attic for me." My mom said to me as she handed me some boxes.

I nodded and went into the attic.

I put the boxes down and something caught my eye in one of the boxes.

Handwritten letters to me, from Happy Lowman.

I take all the letters and stuff them in my shirt before going back downstairs.

I get to my room and lock the door before making sure that Evelyn was still sleeping before opening up the letters and reading them.

Most of them were birthday and Christmas cards, and they had money in them.

Others were mainly letters asking my mom to get in touch with me, he also put where to find him if I ever were to find these.

I grew angry at my mom as I bursted into her room.

"What is this?" I say as I hold up the letters at her,

"My dads been trying to get in touch with me for 18 years and you've never told me?!" I say and Tom gets up trying to defend my mom,

"Now, don't talk to your mother like that, I'm sure she had a perfect reason." He says and I roll my eyes, "Yeah, I'm sure she did." I say and then add, "I'm going to see him. And I dare you to stop me." I say and throw the letter at her before going into my room.

"Olivia I did it to protect you." She said as she watched as I packed Evelyn and I bags of clothes.

"From what? Having a father in my life? Or Evelyn having a grandpa?" I say and grab my keys, phone, phone charger, laptop and laptop charger. I put everything in a bag before packing her diaper bag and grabbing her and putting her in the car seat.

I drive away from my house and set up the directions to Teller Morrow Auto shop.

It was going to take me a while so I stopped to get gas and coffee before starting my journey.

I played some music to help my nerves calm down as the numbers got lower and lower on the GPS.

I'm finally gonna meet my dad.

I was excited but nervous at the same time.

Like if this doesn't go my way then I'll be even more heartbroken.