One Rainy Day

Alex's POV

Me, Cole and Nathan ran through the rain to get to the room we asked the teacher's to save for us at lunch and recess. The room was going to be remodelled but we had asked if we could use it. The teachers said yes, but only if we invited more people to join our group.

When he got under cover, Cole started talking about printing out flyers. I was about to say we needed an initiation ritual when someone whacked me in the face with their umbrella.

"OW!" I exclaimed, "Watch where you swing that thing!".

"I'm sooo sorry!" they said.

I was that it was a girl when she lowered the umbrella. Her shoulder length hair was plastered over her shoulders like someone was pouring honey over her. Her eyes were the colour of the sky on a clear day. Water droplets slowly slid down her cheeks and dropped when they reached her chin. And time seemed to slow down for what felt like hours.

"Are you okay?" she asked, sounding worried.

I blinked a couple of times to bring myself back to reality, "Huh?... Oh, yeah. Just be a bit more careful," "I told her with a smile.

For some reason, she blushed at that, which made my face burn hotter than the sun.

She quickly nodded and started walking off.

QUICK! Go after her! Her name!

I shook myself and ran to catch up to her, "Hey, um... I never got your name?".

She turned around, but when she saw me, she spun around again. I could've sworn that I saw her face turn a dark shade of red.

"Uh... Alice," she said quickly said before walking off quickly.

After that, I spent the rest of the day in a trance. Thinking about nothing other than her face. Sometimes, I caught the smirks on Cole and Nathan's faces.

It was only as I lay on my bed that night, staring up at the roof, that I realised that I was in love!?