The World Turns Upside Down

Anyone who has seen the Alexander Hamilton musical will know what this means. I do not own the art. That privilege goes to szin. Check out her amazing animatics on youtube!

I was walking with Cole on our way to meet Nathan in our room when I thought of something.

"Which Hamilton character do you think you're like?" I asked out of the blue.

"I dunno...Arron Burr maybe?" he answered as we went around a corner.

"I think I'm most like Hamilton," I said.

"I'm either Lafayette or John Laurens," a voice said behind me.

I turned around to see Alice, who saw me at the same time. We I felt my face grow hot the exact same time as she blushed.

"Really?" I said, "Either way, that would make us friends," I joked.

"Or something a bit more if it was Laurens," Cole muttered. I knew he was talking about the recent discovery of Hamilton and John's possible romantic relationship during the war.

I don't think anything was redder than my face at that moment except Alice, who must've heard Cole's remark too.

"I never got your name last time," Alice asked me before Cole could say something else.

"Please to make your acquaintance miss," I said, formally bowing as Hamilton would have, "Alex Thorn, at your service".

Alice curtsied. "Alice Cloud" she responded, "How do you do?".

"I'll meet you at the room?" Cole asked me, but I didn't hear him. My attention was focused entirely on Alice. The girl who had turned my world upside down.

We just stood there, looking into each other's eyes before we realised what was happening. "So...uh, you like Hamilton?".

She nodded, "My aunt showed took me to see it".

"Really? I only saw the recording," I said.

"Yeah, well...it really helped me when it showed up in a test," she said with a smirk, making me laugh.

That laugh of mine turned our chat into a full-on conversation. We sat down at a table nearby as we talked. We just stayed there until the bell rang.

I had to admit, I was rather sad that she was leaving.

"Hey...um, do you want to give me a tour around later?" she asked before she left.

The question caught me so off guard that I didn't realise what she asked.

"Yeah, sure," I said.

"Cool," she said before walking off.

"Cool," I muttered, watching her walk off.