PILOT

Book Cover by: @AsToldByAli

Isabis's Point of View:

December 1, 2001: 2 Months Before The Breakout

The hot water burns my skin as it slides down my body. I tilt my head at the sweet sensation, not remembering the last time that I saw water.

Saturdays and Wednesdays are the only days that we are given to cleanse ourselves. I wouldn't call it a shower though because we are not allowed to use any substances to scrub our bodies clean. We are only provided water because our officers fear that we might choke each other with anything else.

I glare down at the shower drain, watching as a river of blood rushed down the holes. I am disappointed in myself because I couldn't defend myself from the officers earlier today. They cornered me as I was working in the field and tried to force themselves on me. An old bat had to pry them off.

I hear laughter and glance over my shoulder. I spot a group of women teasing a boney, white girl. Anyone could tell that she was a newbie, especially because she had no bruising on her clear, pale skin. 

"Listen you guys, I don't want any trouble..." She pleads, seconds before a fist collides with her left jaw. 

I almost pity her.

This was the same exact place were Shanice was raped. Some people say the trigger to that was because she had a big mouth, while others gossiped that it happened as she was hunched over to pick up her toothbrush. Either scenarios, I would hate to end up like her.

I feel a finger jab at my shoulder. My heart leaps out of my chest as I turn around to face another naked member who hovered over me. I attempt to shield myself with my hands, only to realize that this person had no interest in my figure.

A blue-eyed girl looked me over coldly. "My water's cold, so you better let me fucking use yours," I opened my mouth to protest, but I was shoved out of the way before a word could escape my lips. 

This bitch is lucky that I don't have anymore energy left in me, otherwise I would have easily tenderize her ass. 

After throwing my black and white suit over my head, a short bell rings, signaling for everyone to get back to their cells.

******

"Do ya know what today is, bitch?" Sherika said, throwing her dirty clothes down the lower bunk. Where I lay, "Laundry day".

Rolling my eyes, I throw her dirty white shirt onto the floor and show her my middle finger.

" I know your dumbass isn't calling me a bitch, I am not your mama" Just as I pull my cover over my head, Sherika jumps from the top bunk, landing right in front of me. 

I jump at her rapid action, banging my head against the bed base. She grasps me with two hands, pulling me from underneath her bunk and pinning me onto the nearest, brick wall.

 She suddenly hits me with a curled hand, causing my head to fly sideways.

" I out'a teach you some manners, hoe" she spat, swinging another fist towards my face. 

"Ya may act like a bitch all ya want. But when ya'r in here, you take orders from me," She tries to punch me again, but I am too quick for her. I slip out of her grip and land beside her. I look up just in time to see Sherika's fist connecting with the hard wall. She lets out a howl of anguish and hold her fist close to her chest.

"Look what you did you son of a bitch!"

Before I could smirk and tell her to go fuck herself, a guard appears in front of our cell within seconds, pointing her flashlight towards the both of us.