BITTERSWEET

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND ABUSE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

*(Trailer will be coming out soon)*

 Isabis's Point of View:

The tension in the air was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. I pinched my skin to stop myself from hyperventilating. One should never show the devil fear, it would only feed the flame. Only he could make my blood run this cold. And he knew it. He enjoyed every moment of it. 

His frosty eyes bore into mine as he took long, decisive steps towards me. He stroked the side of my face, trapping my head between both of his big hands. 

"My, my," he whispers, "You've gotten a few shades darker, love. I'll have to put you to work someplace with less sun."

I yanked my face free from his touch and held back my snide remark. Normally, I would let him have it, but I have learned my lesson throughout the past few months. This man could tear me to pieces if he wished to. After all, he has done it before. 

I smile and play the game.

"It is winter, Cain. The sun isn't out much."

He laughs, cocking his head. "Perhaps that is true. But one can still get sunburned even during cold seasons." He beckons for me to sit on a chair next to the door and I obey. 

This office is like my own personal cell. I have been called here numerous amount of times.

Cain makes sure that I visit this place at least once a week so that I may never forget the dreadful punishment that awaits me in case I decide to go back to my old, rebel ways.  That day, he made sure to humiliate me and break my strong will to fight. I can still remember it as if it were yesterday.

*Two men strapped me down as Cain shaved my hair off with hair clippers. Each time he touched my head with the tool, I'd struggle, and then he'd cut me. 

"Sit still, Isabis," he commands, "Unless you want to lose your scalp as well." To prove his point, he purposely cuts a line across my forehead with the clipper, causing blood to draw down my face.

 I let out a cry and shake my head at the sharp pain that was starting to form. 

"Just know that this hurts me more, Isabis," he whispered and stilled my head with one of his hands, "I tried to warn you, but you would not listen. This is on you." 

He stares at my face, hungrily watching as tears escaped my eyes. Waiting for me to say something. When I don't, he proceeds to shave my hair off and criticize me for being too difficult. 

When he is through with torturing me , he sets the hair clipper down on his desk and smiles thoughtfully at me. He caress my skin.